Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bash plate recall

janhama

28 minutes ago, janhama said:

Got this today. A recall on the OE HD bash plate. Rear brake pedal hitting the bash plate and not braking.

PnIM9eP1FY9mqPFq5lcFqXl1z6sFmyuQ73k6tdnt-Glkgda5N5A9Wlbzp7VAW11MlQEhhGFrMv1y-Bk-MasvMC6OyigBy-kldUkujg-C1rba3ojOEjT19IkgFQgqiZyZehv6fMeygAXQ75qxINSBGAkJfIgmnD_3p-F8z0h6MKMZiOTTfcMKvLHk0oV0dU5M5Vj9QoIS2LAeAzQbxkFrRA9reQl8PmsKEEjEk33DQF_WfHUm1di_4PoRMdvqUMhkzn3XZgteuSHEa_Mc5acPGSwTKL73Je5-90Sm5c7620ryobOSxqIElBOV7h6Jot2TJPfo-V0x5TjsCJu02jWwXucmYbSM9uEEuoVD1VB_lVl66YF1AxjpjuGz1AnMbtnZLQwMsUlVrOO5h-1R1Ge7jQWWqzB_jDAfDooO2Wxb50eeRVWDmGnGmeZfWX-kTQ9Icalvv1T4UZbR59RBwFJl8oi9fCF9jKI5BIv9kuDdZDoeJ0CLyEqTtiREROY709cnLA8zWabzVtvOTgnFk-gKk1qEdp9Swa8pXvhsWNiVtvTt7xce_JgHpu9eMtA25P0ZF9-xx4inAeDBJjHny6VU_yPnJ90GIHA-3i3GNflq3zdBbqSI_Xvn0Tz_RedfvmxihPCmQNIlGfwO_2gsk4cR-ko3pYy-cUqRKljJMoECPihytzUanFxApOmlRWJ81Q=w975-h1299-no?authuser=0

TO post a pic, just click "Choose Files" and upload it.  To share a link, just copy and paste it into a post. Not sure what you tried to post above but we cant read it. 

9 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

TO post a pic, just click "Choose Files" and upload it.  To share a link, just copy and paste it into a post. Not sure what you tried to post above but we cant read it. 

I copy pasted a pic of the recall paper. It shows ok on my laptop and also on my mobile..

Now I saved the pic and dragged it to this message too so maybe it shows to you also. It's in finnish so most won't understand it anyway. Basically what it says is the bash plate needs to be replaced and there is a campaign code: ACY2002E0

Bash plate recall.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just wrote my dealer in CZ to verify if this exists world wide, it should. And I was so blaming myself for dropping the bike too mcuh... and see... engineers made a mistake!

Now I really hope they do not cut the bashplate lower but instead push the bashplate higher so that the lever hits the bashplate instead of bending inwards.

Pavel

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

My dealer confirmed the issue. He has to send back the plate to Yamaha. 

Hi if anyone does take there bash plate off could they let me know how the welds inside look because mine look like this and I am not impressed with the finish. 
Cherrs Steve 

0FCBE644-03DF-4DA8-9513-3A3EA117007C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

Hi if anyone does take there bash plate off could they let me know how the welds inside look because mine look like this and I am not impressed with the finish. 
Cherrs Steve 

0FCBE644-03DF-4DA8-9513-3A3EA117007C.jpeg

Looks exactly like mine. And it looks what it has to look like. 

Hi B thanks for the reply because the last time I put this specific question on nobody said they were all like that.Well I miht be changing it for the Camel one when they arrive in the UK.

Cheers Steve

• Like 2

Just got my Camel Adv Products gut guard yesterday. Really, really top notch quality. Impressive to say the least. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked mine out on the mega guard and too be fair it’s structure is very good, admittedly they could put a bit more weld on one side however its still very strong and clever design as the separate chassis rail takes the shock loading not the engine which is rare to see.

i do have a bit more weld on mine which i can see.

to be fair its 4mm thick which is the thickest that touratech do for the GS panzers!

2B063D97-E0F1-449E-9AE6-0D04F21AF88B.jpeg

620A31C7-A3D9-48BC-9EF1-F83318E18163.jpeg

1DABB6E5-E20B-404E-87A9-0B00A36E8BBC.jpeg

1E8F141F-D4DE-4FAF-8886-F27C135BCE94.jpeg