Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

HDB Ultimate Handguards

Adrenolin

Just ordered a couple sets of HDB Ultimate handguards, minus the mirrors, for the new Tenere 700 and my other WRR. Have them already on my main WRR. Massive protection and zero movement. Anyone else going with these?

7F93A1B1-D74C-47C3-9434-7B294599EFB6.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

Just ordered a couple sets of HDB Ultimate handguards, minus the mirrors, for the new Tenere 700 and my other WRR. Have them already on my main WRR. Massive protection and zero movement. Anyone else going with these?

7F93A1B1-D74C-47C3-9434-7B294599EFB6.jpeg

Can you share some photos with them installed on the bike. 

Thank you, 

Aleks 

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Can you share some photos with them installed on the bike. 

Thank you, 

Aleks 

Here they are on 1 of my WRRs. There are also accessory plates available for the top center of the 1-piece top clamp for accessory switches. 

C9775E96-B2B9-4727-B569-18D3CEA21165.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Did you install these on your t700 yet?  Can you share pictures? Any issues?

5 hours ago, Yuba said:

Did you install these on your t700 yet?  Can you share pictures? Any issues?

I have not.. I have HDB guards and putting some miles on but I haven’t ordered my new bars yet. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you done the install yet? Curious about buying HDB’s for my bike but want to see them on a T7 first!

5 hours ago, BMRT7 said:

20200709_182332.thumb.jpg.2d0d3b57a51d5e0a478004a1d2d487ec.jpg

Nice.. did you use the stock bars or aftermarket?

• 2 weeks later...

Which kit/top clamp mount did you order for the stock bars?

I finally got a confirmation of delivery date, and want to order a few things so they'll be here when the bike arrives.

1 hour ago, med.jeeves said:

Which kit/top clamp mount did you order for the stock bars?

I emailed them, this is the response.

"This is the part to be ordered for the T700.  Oder the 100mmx40mm top clamp and put in the notes T700.

https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=HG-550"

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

@samos123 or @slakdawg  If T7 is specified with HDB, do they bolt up to the bar-end weights with countersunk M8 bolts (into corresponding countersunk holes on the hand guard bar), so that the bolt heads end up flush?  Which is how the T7-specific Barkbusters work.  

Tell him that you want to screw it into the existing OEM bar ends and they'll send you the hardware to do that. It's what I did until I bent the OEM handlebars and upgraded, and you can order a tap set and the "big bolt" or vibration dampening set from HDB separate. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I recently posted this elsewhere in the forum but figured I'd add it here also.

After never being able to make my Acerbis 23 liter fuel tank and Bark Buster handlebar clamps play nice together (contact at full lock both directions because of my preferred bar position), a few weeks ago I replaced the BBs with an HDB Ultimate hand guard kit. Very easy installation, and it took longer to remove the BBs than it did to install the HDB items.

Couldn't be happier with the HDB kit and wish now I'd done the swap a long time ago. An unexpected benefit was when riding in low 40s temps last week I suddenly realized my hands were much warmer/more protected from wind than what they ever were with my T7's former BB VPS plastics or the BB Storm plastics on my R1200GS. After adding the HDB pivoting mirrors (I've broken hard mounted mirrors on tight woods trails before when they smacked into branches) I'm very pleased with how well they work. HDBs will be my go-to guards for any future bikes. 

20221109_130153.jpg.add9f9565e7d4414be1c5520778d14ef.jpg20221109_130212.jpg.76d1dc47573c7d1e17aec046e6c5bde9.jpg

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 3