Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you have Insurance in the USA / Does your Insurance Co list the T7 ?

ADVUSA

I called my Insurance Company twice and both times I was unable to verify the Tenere 700 / XTZ690 was in their system yet.  Of course they asked for a VIN number and we know the answer to that right now. 

EDIT:  I have Geico insurance.

Edited by ADVUSA
more detail

5 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

I called my Insurance Company twice and both times I was unable to verify the Tenere 700 / XTZ690 was in their system yet.  Of course they asked for a VIN number and we know the answer to that right now. 

EDIT:  I have Geico insurance.

Progressive has it listed but can't give me an exact quote until I have a VIN number.  New bikes are often higher because they have no crash stats or data.

Being under 700 CC's should help though. 

Depends on the State. Washington State you dont need to have motorcycle insurance if you own the bike. Financed, yes. Otherwise no. 

Thanks for helping!  Yes, under 1000 CCs will help.

Just trying to make sure we're both ready for next week! ☘️

Edited by ADVUSA
spelling
  • Like 1

Last year I was looking at getting a 2019 Ninja 1000. Thats the sport touring ninja, not the sportbike. I called around insurance companies and the rates were freaking outrageous.  Im 54 with excellent credit and clean driving record and they wanted from $3,300 to $4,600 a year for full cov!!  Only because it has "Ninja" and "1000" in the model name. 

Too bad because the 2020 Ninja 1000 is an awesome freakin bike. Great power, awesome handling and features. Great touring bike with attitude. But the insurance is thru the roof. Kawasaki should rename it away from the Ninja brand. 

8 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Last year I was looking at getting a 2019 Ninja 1000. Thats the sport touring ninja, not the sportbike. I called around insurance companies and the rates were freaking outrageous.  Im 54 with excellent credit and clean driving record and they wanted from $3,300 to $4,600 a year for full cov!!  Only because it has "Ninja" and "1000" in the model name. 

Too bad because the 2020 Ninja 1000 is an awesome freakin bike. Great power, awesome handling and features. Great touring bike with attitude. But the insurance is thru the roof. Kawasaki should rename it away from the Ninja brand. 

There is an untold Insurance history behind those Ninja 1000 rates !

😂

Progressive has the bike listed as an XTZ690 and I was quoted just over $400 a year with full coverage. Turning 50 this summer, great driving record, 3 x 250s with them and 2 vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:04 PM, Adrenolin said:

Progressive has the bike listed as an XTZ690 and I was quoted just over $400 a year with full coverage. Turning 50 this summer, great driving record, 3 x 250s with them and 2 vehicles. 

Same w/ me with Progressive.  Called on May 21st just before ordering it.   They said $307 added to my policy for 5/26/20 -> 5/26/21 in Colorado.  Got a Versys 650 on there now and will be 50 this Summer.  XT690 is what they had it as when I called.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got full coverage through State Farm at $30 mo. with $100 deductible, advantage of being old, and having the same insurance company for 50 years I guess they figure they have made enough money of me.

2 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

I just got full coverage through State Farm at $30 mo. with $100 deductible, advantage of being old, and having the same insurance company for 50 years I guess they figure they have made enough money of me.

I thought for years I had good coverage, then I learned I did not, especially in the category of Uninsured/underinsured motorists.

The stats are they run 20% of drivers. I decided to max my insurance in this category, as well as carried contents (gear 2k) and accessory insurance (3k in add ons). Total quote is just over 600. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

This is a personal choice based on your situation.

adv_og_logo.png

I got into a nasty accident last month. Really messy. Other drivers fault. Life flight, long hospital stay, shattered bones, etc... The whole...