Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tank bag recommendations

ahamay

I am used to, and still want, a tank bag for my new T7, whenever it gets here. My primary requirement is a good paper map pocket. I am going to get set up with an electronic map device, but I am still primarily paper. I do not want to carry a lot of stuff in the bag, so small to medium sized at most. 

Kind of like the looks of Givi Gravel 10L unit, but it is hard to judge based simply on a photo of the thing not attached to a bike.

Anyone have a good recommend?

Edited by ahamay

Do you have a favorite of the two? The Mosko looks especially great.

yamaha tank bag fits perfect... ( of course )

IMG_20200311_143749.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

Right, just ordered the MM Hood. Looks like a good size, not big, not small, easy to remove, Huge map pocket.

I think I have one of every Wolfman tank bag ever made. The Explorer Lite is 13-16L and would likely fit well. That same I’m considering something like the strapless SW-Motech Evo City thats 11-16L for the T7. It’s pricey though and I have the WM so I’m holding off for now. Not sure how I’ll like fillups either with the SW being removed and a detached fuel cap. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well here it is. The SW motech pro bag. I have to say I’m extremely impressed. Sits nicely, tons of room. No straps it’s all don’t through a plate system, will upload pics of it now. Just can’t upload more in this one post. But it’s sturdy, easy to remove and doesn’t shake about making a racket. Very happy

EDIT: the forum will only allow me upload 9mb for some reason so can’t upload the pictures of the plate system. But just know it’s very clever and works well

6FFBADD2-85E4-43DA-8EE9-8FD5B71D31B8.jpeg

514C8A29-7693-4213-99DB-B7A28D26FCE8.jpeg

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Well here it is. The SW motech pro bag. I have to say I’m extremely impressed. Sits nicely, tons of room. No straps it’s all don’t through a plate system, will upload pics of it now. Just can’t upload more in this one post. But it’s sturdy, easy to remove and doesn’t shake about making a racket. Very happy

EDIT: the forum will only allow me upload 9mb for some reason so can’t upload the pictures of the plate system. But just know it’s very clever and works well

6FFBADD2-85E4-43DA-8EE9-8FD5B71D31B8.jpeg

514C8A29-7693-4213-99DB-B7A28D26FCE8.jpeg

Pic hosting is extremely expensive, unless you are Facebook and sell your members data, locations and info to marketing companies.  So, we put a limit on how much data each member can upload.   You may want to try resizing your pics before uploading?   This fall, our software company is releasing an update that will allow the forum software to resize pics automatically. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Pic hosting is extremely expensive, unless you are Facebook and sell your members data, locations and info to marketing companies.  So, we put a limit on how much data each member can upload.   You may want to try resizing your pics before uploading?   This fall, our software company is releasing an update that will allow the forum software to resize pics automatically. 

Heard that before alright regarding the cost associated. Being able to resize the pics right here on the forum would be dead handy. Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the Mosko Moto Hood 5.
Waterproof without a raincover and easy acces plus a hole for a cable to a USB port or 12V socket.

400118421_IMG_20220713_182309(Large).jpg.2fc40debb6fda5656fa02c95631a210c.jpg

Enduristan Sandstorm 4H, 7 litre, waterproof, nice quick connection system, great detachable map pocket & durable 

• 3 weeks later...

Gnome-ified the Mosko Hood by adding a couple strap mounts to the trim bolts and rotating the bag 90 degrees. It's not perfect, but it gives a lot of additional room for leaning forward. My crotch was starting to wear out the top layer of material from leaning into it so often.

This setup is interesting because it sags backwards slightly, which winds up being a bit beneficial. Because of that sag, the bars don't impact it, but when I do lean into it, the whole bag gets pushed forward past the point where the bars would impact it if you're doing a locked turn. Since I've never had the need to do a full lock turn when leaning that far forward, it all kind of works out.

If nothing else, those trim bolts are an excellent place for a cleaner strap setup. So far they're holding pretty well.

PXL_20220912_193347771.jpg.7b69499fd093672e6fae50237d01cfb4.jpg

advgoats.com

Another user here of the Nelson Rigg bag here. Had it on my DR for years and still going fine on my T7. Not to big but big enough.