Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Passenger Peg Blank Plates?

close range

That`s cool . I like . Going " copycat" on this . Thanks mate .😀

• Like 1

Also, I used them to remove and mount a set of tires after I drilled the holes. No issues with strength.

• Like 2

Absolutely brilliant idea, so simple and love the dual functionality with regards to tie-down points.

Rich

• Like 1

• Moderators

Loving this mod! Cheers

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Looking at getting a set of the bead breakers of love this idea. Never had a set before. Anybody here know the benefits or draw backs of the Motion Pro steal VS aluminum bead breakers other than I'd guess weight? Strength? Would the Al likely bend easier? Be more brittle? 

I went aluminum to save weight. I have used these multiple times to break beads and to spoon tires. Never questioned their strength. If you break tire irons your technique is 99% of the time the problem.

• Like 2

What a great idea. Another one going to be copying here.

As for the Motion Pro beadbreakers.... fantastic bit of kit. Well designed, well engineered and does exactly what it’s meant to too.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Looking at getting a set of the bead breakers of love this idea. Never had a set before. Anybody here know the benefits or draw backs of the Motion Pro steal VS aluminum bead breakers other than I'd guess weight? Strength? Would the Al likely bend easier? Be more brittle? 

Steel ones are longer and give more leverage vs the aluminium ones, that's all that I see. I will go the aluminum direction.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• 1 month later...

I just capped mine off with little plastic automotive type plastic push pins sourced at my local hardware store for a total of $1.28

997DC944-3358-4923-888D-7131DB79594B.jpeg

Edited by roy826
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Two sizes available.

The small round circle supports up to a 1/2 or 12mm hardware and the larger oval ring is 1.0 wide and 1.4 long can be mounted anywhere 

Hook a carbiner to the small bracket, and use the carbiner as a auto angled tie off point.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086PKZ1LN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_.RNqFbMDNPD0W

81gfAAAlLVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
mosko-moto-hardware-cleat-kit-1347248419

Our aluminum cleats are great tie-down options for all of our Reckless luggage systems. Straps can usually be attached to passenger foot-pegs or the top rear rack, but some bikes lack good tie-down points like this, so we designed these cleats to provide...

1 hour ago, REDHORSECA said:
mosko-moto-hardware-cleat-kit-1347248419

Our aluminum cleats are great tie-down options for all of our Reckless luggage systems. Straps can usually be attached to passenger foot-pegs or the top rear rack, but some bikes lack good tie-down points like this, so we designed these cleats to provide...

I looked at those as well and wondered how much metal there'd be left after having to drill out a much larger hole  to be able to get the bolt in? 

• Like 1