Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What bike do you want today? 🤔🏍️📸

Aleksandar13

On 2/3/2024 at 4:15 PM, maddog123 said:

Well since its winter the bike I would love today would be a timbersled / Snow bike.  I also always wanted a super moto but since I don't live in the city or have tracks near by I never did.   

image.png.4564b597abd6c25bf9c04092ed6b8ddb.png

That’s nuts. Is this real? Or am I being gullible? Never knew this sort of thing existed. Cool as f….

43 minutes ago, Dougie said:

That’s nuts. Is this real? Or am I being gullible? Never knew this sort of thing existed. Cool as f….

lol yes they are... I've never driven one but have seen them around, they say its really easy to get used too even for none riders, they are called timbersled kit it fits on any motorcycle but you need at least a 450cc to run it, I have had the opportunity to buy a used kit for my 450 but never did, they have pro races for them in Canada and USA and they are very fun for the mountain since you can take the goat trails up the back and step down the front (not powerful enough to climb up the front escarpment) but you need a turbo for the mountains. 

A Timbersled system includes a front ski and rear track system that replace the tires on your dirt bike. The 2024 lineup includes systems for riders with different riding styles and terrain preferences. Canada

Edited by maddog123

Top stuff. Wouldn’t quite be as effective on my t7 in the two days a year we have Welsh slush though. 😁🍺

I have the T7 and extremely happy with it, but if I really wanted to add a 2nd bike to the garage I would add in the Kawasaki Z900RS.

While I find tarmac quite boring unless it is the twisties or switch backs, I know that I would enjoy that kind of riding a whole lot more with all that additional displacement and lowered centre of gravity.

Would I trade the T7 for the Z900RS - no freaking way, the T7 would still be my primary motorcycle.

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |