Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ooh, just got a package delivered.

Cruizin

I've ordered so much, I forget what this could be. 

IMG_20200607_142633.jpg

Let's open this up. It came from triple clamp in Canada. That rings a bell!

Oh yeah, it's their engine and water pump covers !

15915619057636842654717536834838.jpg

I'll get these on later in the week and write a proper review soon!

159156207936444746135805796529.jpg

• Like 6

You can check the Givi Crash Bars, they are discret

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I'm going to skip using heavy crash bars and instead use engine, water pump covers and frame sliders. These covers come with higher quality bolts than what R&G uses on their covers.

Yeah I am kicking myself for not knowing about these before I ordered the R&G set. 

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

43 minutes ago, Lupan said:

You can check the Givi Crash Bars, they are discret

Thanks, but like I said, I'm not going with crash bars. I've never installed crash bars on any bike or dirtbike since the late 70's, don't see a need for em now. 

• Like 1

I got mine from TripleClamp weeks ago. There was no instructions included nor was there any bolts included for both sides of the engine case protection. There were 2 bolts for the water pump only. 

I wrote immediately asking was I supposed to order the bolts separately, or use the existing bolts on the bike which would seem strange being they'd need to be longer. I asked about torque specs as well. Also do I need to drain the oil first. 

3 days later he wrote back saying just to follow the torque specs for the manufacture and no need to drain the oil. Also, press on the case savers and tighten bolts. Do not tighten bolts and have that pull the case savers on as it will strip the inserts out. That's why they should have instructions.  

I wrote again and said I dont have the bolts to do that being again, they did not include them. 

He wrote back, again days later and said "we are happy to send you replacement bolts if they are missing from the package as you say" Does he think Im lying? Unreal. No apologies for their error, just pulling teeth to get the parts I paid for.

So I then again write asking what the heck is going on. Are they sending me the bolts being it's been another 3 days since I heard back from them. He writes back saying they sent the bolts out a couple days ago. That was on May 28th. Now almost 2 weeks later I still dont have the bolts. I wrote them again asking whats going on, and still haven't heard anything. 

At this point, I wouldnt spend another dime with TripleClamp. Absolutely terrible communication and customer service. And if the bolts aren't here within a couple days, I'll file a claim with my credit card against them. Forgetting some parts is one thing. Big deal. But zero concern over their error and incredibly poor communication is another. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

• Premium Member

I had a similar issue with my order, 
I purchased the complete set, both engine case covers and the water pump cover.  The package arrived quickly, however the water pump cover was completely missing.  
Contacting the company got the water pump cover shipped promptly, and it arrived quickly.  However, whomever is working in their shipping department should get a good ol fashioned tuneup, as this does not seem to be an insolated incident. 

There were bolts included in the order, and they are needed, there were no instructions included and they should be.
The torque specs are in the service manual however. 

The clutch side install was fairly easy (you will need to remove the oem plastic clutch lever cover to fit the triple clamp cover under it, the oem part then goes back on)

The stator side was not so easy.  
A word of warning:
You do not need to drain the oil, however, when you remove the bottom bolt, oil will start to pour out of the bolt hole.  I plugged this with my finger, and got the engine cover on, but this was a surprise.  I lost very little oil, and did not need to top up. 
That engine case cover was fairly hard to install, the plastic cover is very snug and it was hard to get the bolts started, but once they catch, the cover slips into position well. 

Tazmool 

1 hour ago, johnnygolucky said:

I got mine from TripleClamp weeks ago. There was no instructions included nor was there any bolts included for both sides of the engine case protection. There were 2 bolts for the water pump only. 

I wrote immediately asking was I supposed to order the bolts separately, or use the existing bolts on the bike which would seem strange being they'd need to be longer. I asked about torque specs as well. Also do I need to drain the oil first. 

3 days later he wrote back saying just to follow the torque specs for the manufacture and no need to drain the oil. Also, press on the case savers and tighten bolts. Do not tighten bolts and have that pull the case savers on as it will strip the inserts out. That's why they should have instructions.  

I wrote again and said I dont have the bolts to do that being again, they did not include them. 

He wrote back, again days later and said "we are happy to send you replacement bolts if they are missing from the package as you say" Does he think Im lying? Unreal. No apologies for their error, just pulling teeth to get the parts I paid for.

So I then again write asking what the heck is going on. Are they sending me the bolts being it's been another 3 days since I heard back from them. He writes back saying they sent the bolts out a couple days ago. That was on May 28th. Now almost 2 weeks later I still dont have the bolts. I wrote them again asking whats going on, and still haven't heard anything. 

At this point, I wouldnt spend another dime with TripleClamp. Absolutely terrible communication and customer service. And if the bolts aren't here within a couple days, I'll file a claim with my credit card against them. Forgetting some parts is one thing. Big deal. But zero concern over their error and incredibly poor communication is another. 

Cant read most of that on dark theme. You must have copy and pasted and forgot to click the pop up that said "Use plain text", as you are pasting the html of wherever you copied that from. 

I did get all of my bolts with my order, but no instructions. I emailed them so we'll see. 

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Cant read most of that on dark theme. You must have copy and pasted and forgot to click the pop up that said "Use plain text", as you are pasting the html of wherever you copied that from. 

I did get all of my bolts with my order, but no instructions. I emailed them so we'll see. 

Dark theme? I dont see it. I just copied what TC wrote me from my email. There was no pop up, and I can read what I wrote just fine. 

1 hour ago, Tazmool said:

I had a similar issue with my order, 
I purchased the complete set, both engine case covers and the water pump cover.  The package arrived quickly, however the water pump cover was completely missing.  
Contacting the company got the water pump cover shipped promptly, and it arrived quickly.  However, whomever is working in their shipping department should get a good ol fashioned tuneup, as this does not seem to be an insolated incident. 

There were bolts included in the order, and they are needed, there were no instructions included and they should be.
The torque specs are in the service manual however. 

The clutch side install was fairly easy (you will need to remove the oem plastic clutch lever cover to fit the triple clamp cover under it, the oem part then goes back on)

The stator side was not so easy.  
A word of warning:
You do not need to drain the oil, however, when you remove the bottom bolt, oil will start to pour out of the bolt hole.  I plugged this with my finger, and got the engine cover on, but this was a surprise.  I lost very little oil, and did not need to top up. 
That engine case cover was fairly hard to install, the plastic cover is very snug and it was hard to get the bolts started, but once they catch, the cover slips into position well. 

Tazmool 

Sad t see I'm not the only one having issues with them. Im quite shocked actually at how difficult it is communicating with them. What's odd, is just before I purchased, I had asked what makes theirs better or different than R&G's covers. He wrote back within hours with a very long explanation why I should buy from them. So I purchased immediately and felt confident. Once Tripple Clamp had my money, it's pulling teeth to get not only my parts missing, but information on install and still dont have all my parts needed to install nor any contact from them concerning it. 

I actually wish I could return it since I dont feel good about supporting a company with those values. 

2 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Dark theme? I dont see it. I just copied what TC wrote me from my email. There was no pop up, and I can read what I wrote just fine. 

some of us use dark theme. its a button located on bottom of the forum. And yes, when you paste somthing a box pops up below asking if you want to paste plain text. 

4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

some of us use dark theme. its a button located on bottom of the forum. And yes, when you paste somthing a box pops up below asking if you want to paste plain text. 

Not sure what you mean, man. I don't use dark theme. On my screen everything looks like what I wrote. Sucks what I'm writing cant be seen. Oh well, not going to stress about. 

5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Not sure what you mean, man. I don't use dark theme. On my screen everything looks like what I wrote. Sucks what I'm writing cant be seen. Oh well, not going to stress about. 

I switched to white theme and can read it. What im saying is that when you copy text and paste it from somewhere else, please look down and click that little box that says "post plain text" so it doesn't mess the coloring up.  Or, people using dark theme wont be able to read what you pasted. 

Thanks for mentioning these, am about to get a set, however their site states simple install and no oil leakage, "nothing to remove and no oil spills" stated on their site. Yet some are stating there is? 

Let me know how they go @Cruizin, they messaged me quick and are not far from where I live so can go pick them up in person if enough people say they are worth it 🙂

1 minute ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Thanks for mentioning these, am about to get a set, however their site states simple install and no oil leakage, "nothing to remove and no oil spills" stated on their site. Yet some are stating there is? 

Let me know how they go @Cruizin, they messaged me quick and are not far from where I live so can go pick them up in person if enough people say they are worth it 🙂

I emailed em asking for Torque specs and any instructions. Kinda surprised they didnt include instructions but after looking at them, looks like 3 bolts come our of the cases, and then you put the covers on and install the bolts. Looks like cases dont even have to come off. So, maybe no instructions needed. 

I have one ordered as well. Is it possible that for “no oil leaks” you may need to lay the bike on its side....similar to replacing clutch plates without draining the oil? Just a thought. 

NO its the same for the R&G guards. With the bike on the side stand it will puke oil out the bottom bolt but if you put it on a centre stand or swing arm stand or hell ask your buddy to hold it upright well you do it . The bottom bolt will not leak oil.

• Like 3

What's wrong with the R&G ones ?? I had already got a set couple weeks ago but no bike yet..

Would they be good to go if you replaced the bolts?

• Like 1

Just now, MghtyThor69 said:

What's wrong with the R&G ones ?? I had already got a set couple weeks ago but no bike yet..

Would they be good to go if you replaced the bolts?

No worry, everything's fine with R&G

• Like 1

I hope so they weren't cheap, I mean they are just covers anyway..Thanks!!

@Cruizin  Do you get any kind of discount on these from ADV or anywhere else?

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I ordered a set a couple weeks ago as well. Patiently waiting for them to arrive. 

@Simmons1 I was unable to find any discount at the time I ordered. I spoke with the owner directly, no discount offered through this forum or adv rider.

23 minutes ago, close range said:

I ordered a set a couple weeks ago as well. Patiently waiting for them to arrive. 

@Simmons1 I was unable to find any discount at the time I ordered. I spoke with the owner directly, no discount offered through this forum or adv rider.

Thank you

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

11 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Well I wrote them again on Friday asking about the bolts they never included and still haven't heard back. If you go there to pick them up, if I send you shipping costs maybe you could grab me a set of bolts for both case covers since they could care less that I'm unable to install them? And if it's not too much to ask, flip them the bird for me in person.