Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mounting a Tablet as a GPS

£10Ray

Question

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Tab Active 8" tablet that I would like to mount to the accessory bar above the dash to use as a GPS.  I've been using a rugged phone  with a QuadLock universal mount but being such an old duffer I can hardly see the screen.  Has anyone found a solution to mounting a tablet?  Photos would be ideal.

Ta.

4 answers to this question

Plenty of room in the map pouch of the Mosko Nomad tank bag, for Samsung S4. And it's waterproof 🌧

15956335911959081893444026724557.jpg

15956337512799205025068382172700.jpg

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, motojunky2@ said:

You are an idiot an obviously don't understand. Android devices make the best GPS. Can run more than one app at time and switch back and forth. Large screen is awesome.

IMG_20200724_183021.jpg

I understand the benefits of using an android device but don't understand why you are insulting another member of the forum for expressing his views on an item. Please keep things respectful, we are all here for good information and a joke or two. 

Aleks 😊 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, motojunky2@ said:

Here's my solution to mounting my Samsung tab b. I'm a machinist by trade, so I made my own custom mount. Can't be seen by photos but there's a dovetail holding the case to the mount so all you have to do to remove the tablet is back one screw out a few turns and slide it upwards. Haven't had time to install my USB port just yet, power is temporary.

IMG_20200724_102725.jpg

IMG_20200724_102634.jpg

IMG_20200724_102449.jpg

wowza!...

now all you need is a surround sound speaker then you will have a drive-by home theater...lol...

good for you for trying!

• Like 1

well, sir, joke obviously went over your head.

either way, not my cup of tea but good for you to do what you want.

• Like 1