Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cheap exhaust sounds killer.

Mr.motarded

This is my 70$ slipon that i bought to tide me over till something else catches my eye. Link pipe was 20$ its for a cb500x and the muffler was 50$. Sounds amazing.  Reminds me of my ducati hypermotard with SC projects gp exhaust.  Probably to loud for my neighbors taste. Im getting old i used to have Harley's that were stupid loud and now i like mellow exhaust.  I will probably end up getting something with less bark. 

20200610_183312.jpg

20200610_182001.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Does it have a spark arrestor? If not, don't get caught off-road this summer cause the fines are huge. 

I wonder how many after market pipes for Adventure Bikes actually have USFS approved SA's in them? I'll bet not many at all. 

While not legal I have read that bikes with Catalytic Converters don't really allow for any sparks. You more likely to start a grass fire from a the hot CC, than from a spark even with out a SA

Edited by Simmons1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / TDR 250 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Very cool! I've run those mufflers before and they do make a loud, but nice sounding bike.

Most all aftermarket exhausts, even for ADV bikes, do not have a spark arrestor. Which is a shame since you can get fined even though you didn't have an option to include one in the first place. 

Even worse, the cats are significantly more likely to cause fires (watched this happen multiple times) than any potential exhaust sparks. Modern fuel injected engines rarely do that at all and these laws were created decades ago. For mine, I'll be making a small screen insert to take the place of the quiet insert. As long as the officer/ranger can't get their stick down the exhaust you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Mr.motarded

Hey where is the video so we can hear it, and how about a link, I am in the market for a cheap replacement since mine is so dented up now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I fitted similar the other day. Make sure you lock-tight the baffle/spark arrestor in.. I didn't and it's lay at the side of the road somewhere! I thought it sounded rather loud! 

IMG_20200704_105924.jpg

.... Photos taken before the baffle decided to depart! 

@jojitsu56

Not fare to tease us and not provide a link.

And while your at it how about a video so we can hear it too, OK I know that can be a pain so please at least a link.

Just what the world needs.....more loud, obnoxious motorcycles to piss people off.

7ABD20A8-DEE7-4250-A123-263C71E86458.jpeg

Edited by whisperquiet
Added a little extra
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

Just what the world needs.....more loud, obnoxious motorcycles to piss people off.

It's actually not that loud with the dB killer in, as I had it.. It's a LOT lighter than standard, I think looks better, and I am not bothered about ruining it off road. 

• Like 4

On 7/7/2020 at 6:14 PM, jojitsu56 said:

IMG_20200704_110413.jpg

Hi i have the same can with a high level pipe sounds great Bill

21-04-20 134.JPG

21-04-20 132.JPG

• Like 5

I think that pipe was a one off custom done by a shop in his town.

4 minutes ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

Ali Express? Ebay? Was it listed for the T7?

Ali Express, not sure if they list the link pipe for the T7, if not yet you know it will soon.

So you're saying that a midpipe from a CBR500R/X works on our bikes?!?!?!? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

I haven't had bad luck with Delkevic cans on my other bikes and was wanting to get one for the T7. Yay!

ebay-logo-1-1200x630-margin.png

Find great deals on eBay for cbr500+midpipe. Shop with confidence.

Edited by XcTwo
a

6 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

I think that pipe was a one off custom done by a shop in his town.

I am making a one off mid-pipe to fit some MT-07 headers I ordered off of amazon that were $80 to a carbon Akrapovic muffler I had laying around. If there was a cheap mid-pipe option I could modify slightly to work it would make for less work.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

Who makes that midpipe?

Hi if you mean the high level one on my bike i made it myself so not available to buy.Bill

21-04-20 118.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bill said:

Hi if you mean the high level one on my bike i made it myself so not available to buy.Bill

21-04-20 118.JPG

Ok cool. Looks good 👌