Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Group Buys...what would you like to see?

BellissiMoto

• Supporting Vendor

Hello everyone!

What would you guys like to see as far as group buys go?

Now that many in the US are getting their Tenere 700's, I'm sure many are itching to get their bikes kitted out, etc.

Any suggestions as to what you'd like to see on offer?

Keep in mind gear or clothing is probably a no go, so lets stick to hard parts for the bike.  Reason being is that the way a group buy is structured, is that x amount of people commit so I can buy in bulk, passing those savings to the customer.

However, because people are built physically different,  a garment may not fit you as you'd like.  If a person returns their item,  it it takes away from the number of committed people that made the group buy possible in the first place, so it's not a cost effective way to do group buys.

If their ARE gear items you'd like, please feel free to PM me, as I give forum members discounts regardless of a group buy or not 🙂

We have a lot to offer...so lets hear some suggestions!

🙂

- Paul

Can you get a good price for the barkbusters to Europe? 

bark busters of some kind, wider footings, and most importantly, a foam filter.

Edited by sbeck09
  • Like 1

@BellissiMoto How about a front and rear suspension kit? Complete forks with internals and valving along with a complete rear shock would be a cool option. I'm waiting for a company to come out with a good suspension kit.  

• Like 2

The Gilles Titanium Axle Nut and Chain Adjuster I know was a hit that I missed out on. Bet that would work again with sales hitting the USA now. 

• Like 3

Outback Motortek.   I'll need the crash bars and luggage racks sometime this year.    ACD is already ordered but that would be nice for those who haven't ordered from them yet and want an awesome looking plate.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SantacruzT100 said:

@BellissiMoto How about a front and rear suspension kit? Complete forks with internals and valving along with a complete rear shock would be a cool option. I'm waiting for a company to come out with a good suspension kit.  

Touratech, Ohlins, Tractive, Rally Raid all have Suspension options.  OR you could have a local shop re-valve and re-spring your stick units.  Superplush in SF did my WR250R and it has been amazing.

J

• Like 1

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. 

I'm open to flavors to what everybody else wants, so count me in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@BellissiMoto I guarantee you 100% that Tail Tidy's and flush mount or LED turn signals would be immensely popular, would probably sell into the 50's maybe even into the hundreds if we run it for a couple of weeks. 

Everyone here will want tail tidy and LED blinker kits.  These stock things look silly. 

• Like 3

Honestly I'd like to see the parts I paid for almost a month ago in the last group buy from Bellisimoto get shipped before considering anything else. I appreciate the good deals and all but I'm not a fan of pre-orders.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SantacruzT100 said:

plus one on this, I haven't ridden one but from the videos I've seen and the reviews it seems like this bike could use some help.

52 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. 

Duh!  Rocky Road of course 

Extreme Dual Sport TuffLites 👍🏻 Expensive but fantastic LED signal lights from a company that stands by their product. If you haven’t heard of them then give them a quick google. Dedicated thread on AdvRider as well. 

DoubleTake Adventure mirrors and HDB Ultimate handguards though I’ve already bought my guards. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SantacruzT100 said:

Look up tourtech they have full suspension setup for the T7 its expensive but got to pay to play. 

• Like 1

Smaller LED turn signals.

fastway pegs.

Any Ti bling like the Gilles buy you already ran.

Motoz ADV or Rally tires

Woody’s light weight wheels...

Edited by Idarex

This should have been a POLL and allow people to add what they wanted and vote for what they and others added. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SantacruzT100 said:

I'm sure @Ktmmitch can help with suspension 👍

Mosko Moto Reckless 40/80L Systems, Double Take Adventure Mirrors, Gilles Titanium Axle Nut and Chain Adjuster (missed out on the last group buy 😏), Scottoiler eSystem v3.1 Electronic Chain Oiler.

Edited by Aarslikkerdanny

After hunting with little to no luck, I'd also be interested in shorty levers, like ASV C5. The clutch side is the same as the MT07, but our Brembo master cylinder is totally different which is making an upgrade hard to come by.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/11/2020 at 4:10 PM, Lupan said:

Can you get a good price for the barkbusters to Europe? 

Wow!  SO many responses!  I'll try to address them as best I can.  Barkbusters may be doable, I'll have to look into it a little more.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, TennesseeTenere said:

Seat Concepts if and when they become available. 

That's a great idea.  Especially if the packaging is small - it would be good for Europe also.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:29 PM, sbeck09 said:

bark busters of some kind, wider footings, and most importantly, a foam filter.

We have you covered on the foam filter, and footpegs are a great idea!

On 6/11/2020 at 7:48 PM, SantacruzT100 said:

I can offer Matris Suspension.  It's pretty high end Italian componentry, and the price reflects that.  May be possible if people commit, and may be possible to ship to Europe, from within Europe.  If there is enough interest, I'd be delighted to do it.

For folks looking for a cheaper solution, I can offer a rear spring upgrade from K-Tech.  Rear spring upgrades seem to be very popular.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:53 PM, Adrenolin said:

The Gilles Titanium Axle Nut and Chain Adjuster I know was a hit that I missed out on. Bet that would work again with sales hitting the USA now. 

We did order a bunch more than the group buy (which is why it's taking so long to get, especially with COVID-19 going on), so we may have you covered there.  I'll know more when our order comes in.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:54 PM, rhicks said:

Outback Motortek.   I'll need the crash bars and luggage racks sometime this year.    ACD is already ordered but that would be nice for those who haven't ordered from them yet and want an awesome looking plate.

Shipping costs would mostly likely make this cost prohibitive unfortunately.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:13 PM, johnnygolucky said:

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. 

DARK CHOCOLATE!

On 6/11/2020 at 9:26 PM, Cruizin said:

@BellissiMoto I guarantee you 100% that Tail Tidy's and flush mount or LED turn signals would be immensely popular, would probably sell into the 50's maybe even into the hundreds if we run it for a couple of weeks. 

Everyone here will want tail tidy and LED blinker kits.  These stock things look silly. 

Believe me, as soon as the American companies get their hands on the bikes, they will start offering something.  I've already talked to Competition Werkes and as soon as they get their hands on a bike they will develop something.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:57 PM, close range said:

Honestly I'd like to see the parts I paid for almost a month ago in the last group buy from Bellisimoto get shipped before considering anything else. I appreciate the good deals and all but I'm not a fan of pre-orders.

I hear ya, and I've been keeping everyone up to date via the original post in the respective Group Buy threads.  This COVID-19 thing has really hit hard, for multiple reasons.

On the one hand, with so many out of work, or working less, it seems they are PLAYING MORE.  People are sold out of stuff everywhere.  Then, while the companies are operating at 50% capacity due to strict gov't regulations and guidelines, I go and order our items in ginormous bulk, which makes matters even worse.

The people who get in on the group buy early have it the hardest, because they have to wait until the minimum number of people commit before their product can be ordered.  I usually negotiate a better deal with manufacturers if I buy in bulk, and if I can't, at least one big shipment is better than 30 small ones, so that's how I'm able to do all this cool stuff for everyone.  If I bought these items ahead of time and no one buys them, the shop is stuck with inventory we can't move, and I don't think my boss would like that too much.

On the flip side though, if a particular group buy is really popular, like the Axle Nuts, I'll order a ton more than the group buy.  But they sell out SO fast it's hard to keep big quantity levels in stock at all times.

I really do appreciate everyone's patience with this in these difficult times with the COVID-19 situation.

23 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

This should have been a POLL and allow people to add what they wanted and vote for what they and others added. 

That's a great idea! Didn't realise others can add to it themselves.

14 hours ago, sbeck09 said:

After hunting with little to no luck, I'd also be interested in shorty levers, like ASV C5. The clutch side is the same as the MT07, but our Brembo master cylinder is totally different which is making an upgrade hard to come by.

I'll have to look into that.  Seems like shorty levers are getting more popular.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  Keep em coming!

🙂

- Paul

• Like 2