Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Found way cheap price on Bridgestone AX 41 Rear Tire, $123!!

Cruizin

I don't know if Revzilla screwed up or if this is some kind of sale, but I just ordered one!  The rear 150/70/18 tire comes out cheaper than the front! You never see that.  The reviews on these tires are really really good for dirt and road! 

Get em here choose Bridgestone AX 41 Choose 150/70/18

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.04.52 AM.png

• Like 1

I've heard very good things about the AX41 tires. Bridgestone often gives a debit card rebate for their tires as well!

6 hours ago, motoAT said:

I've heard very good things about the AX41 tires. Bridgestone often gives a debit card rebate for their tires as well!

Ive heard extremely good things about these tires. Im jacked to have a good set of knobbies so cheap

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Very nice. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on these. Planning to swap them over right away Cruizin?

Im gonna try and get some miles out of my stock tires, which aren't bad. I went blasting thru mud and rutted trails yesterday, got the bike absolutely filthy. And the stock tires did great at 29 lbs Front and Rear.  I would feel silly junking perfectly good tires with plenty of tread on them.   I just wanted to snag these before the price goes up because every review of the AX41 that I read is really g0od. 

People are spending $350 on knobby's for their T7.  Using the above method, I only spent $210  for full knobby tires that are also good on the road. 

13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Im gonna try and get some miles out of my stock tires, which aren't bad. I went blasting thru mud and rutted trails yesterday, got the bike absolutely filthy. And the stock tires did great at 29 lbs Front and Rear.  I would feel silly junking perfectly good tires with plenty of tread on them.   I just wanted to snag these before the price goes up because every review of the AX41 that I read is really g0od. 

People are spending $350 on knobby's for their T7.  Using the above method, I only spent $210  for full knobby tires that are also good on the road. 

Ye that’s absolutely fair, the stock tyres aren’t half bad at all until you hit muck or wet grass. Savage deal on the AX41s

hope the bike is going well and was worth the wait

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Ye that’s absolutely fair, the stock tyres aren’t half bad at all until you hit muck or wet grass. Savage deal on the AX41s

hope the bike is going well and was worth the wait

Im having a blast on it. Doing 600 mile oil change today.  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 7:18 PM, Cruizin said:

Im having a blast on it. Doing 600 mile oil change today.  

Great stuff, you'll be able to open it up a bit more after that. 

Unless of course it's a hard break in you've been giving the bike haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very divided about what tire I want on my bike. Although the stock tire on the T7 is OK, it really doesn't take much aggressive riding to find it's limits.

I do think the AX 41 is a great tire, but I have a hard time with the estimated longevity of 2k miles.

For a while I looked at the Dunlop Trailmax Mission heard good things about them and was attracted to estimated longevity of 8K + miles. But in reality they did fall far short of the off-road performance of the Bridgstone AX41 and even more from the Pirelli Scorpion Rally (not STR) which have a similar longevity to the Bridgstone's.

So right now I am leaning toward the Michelin Anakee Wild which from what I can ascertain has a very good off-road performance not really very far behind the AX41 but have a estimated longevity of 6.5k miles. Granted they are more expensive but when you calculate out the cost versus range in respect to performance you have to ask how much better is the AX41.

Cost per mile of usage when considering the average longevity and average cost.

Bridgstone AX41- equals 11.2 cents per mile.

Dunlop Trailmax Mission - equals 3.4 cents per mile. 

Michelin Anakee Wild - equals 4.8 cents per mile.

From all the reviews I have seen I don't think the Bridgstone performance is over twice as good as the Michelin but the cost of usage is. Now I am sure that there are those out there for whom cost is not a consideration, and they should buy the Pirelli Scorpion Rally because it surpasses them all in performance off-road. And there are those that ride so hard and have alien type skills that require the best and they might even consider forgoing DOD rated tires altogether, but than there are the rest of us, who except in our minds, demonstrate average skills and common fun loving riding and that live on a budget.

In view of reality maybe a tire that performs a close second off-road and provides enough longevity to be more budget friendly is the answer.

Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great post @UtahJack . If you get 6.5 K out of the Anakee Wilds then please let me know. That's would be a feat for a knobby.

On lighter dualsport bikes I have run Dunlop D606's, Maxxis desert IT's, and Kenda Big blocks.  I would run em until the middle knobs were about gone but the side knobs would still dig into the dirt just fine.and give good traction. I would get about 2500-3000 miles out of them. 

Jimmy Lewis teaches off-road riding all over the country and he also teaches ADV bike off-road classes. On his big ADV bikes he runs the Kenda Big Blocks and gets 3000-3500 miles out of them. 

I know guys are getting mega miles out of the Scout tires and other 70% street 30% dirt tires. But those won't do much in the dirt.

Shinko 805's go mega miles for the buck, but have no lateral traction. 

I have the AX 41'1 s in the garage waiting to go on. I'll probably put em on this fall. But I like the looks of the Anakee Wilds, too. 

Truth be told, I don't expect any knobby to give more than 3000 miles on a heavy bike in a 50-50 situation.  I just don't see it happening.  And in that typical mileage situation, the AX-41 is the best bang for the buck tire that performs well on both street and dirt. 

@Cruizin

I will let you know when I put some on, I was utilizing several reviews that suggested the mileage at 5 - 6.5k, but we will see.

Here are a couple of them, but there are others.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Wilds on my Triumph.  They look great and wear very well.  A bit on the noisy side for hwy use.

20171008_171728.jpg

• 4 months later...

Here in the UK the AX41 isn’t great on our soft muddy tracks but has good grip on gravel, rocky tracks and black top wet or dry but as a mudplugger NO!

• 1 year later...