Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cyclops Adventure sports LED plug and play kit

PNWTEN

• Premium Member

The bike is currently at Cyclops lights in Kent Washington getting mounts and brackets for the

ADDF5D09-7AB1-4D09-9C2F-2FA0E4B29805.jpeg

E741279E-DF9D-4E91-9F6D-81B4D17A5989.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks cool. I was curious about these lights but they don't have flood nor wide pattern for this. 

Can you please share some more photos like bracket, switch etc. 

• Premium Member

The bike is still at Cyclops lights, I go pick it up tomorrow. Will take pics of all functions. Expect a blog post at www.tenereacrosstheusa.com also.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 6/15/2020 at 5:38 PM, Takata said:

Looks cool. I was curious about these lights but they don't have flood nor wide pattern for this. 

Can you please share some more photos like bracket, switch etc. 

the bracket is the prototype, the final version will be about 1/2” closer and upward toward the center. The white center of the light is tied into the high and low beam. Low beam is set at 50% and high beam at 100%. They are totally programmable if you want it another way. You’ll have to get with Cyclops to figure out what you want. 
All this will be in my blog post soon after I get some night shots tonight to show how powerful these really are. 

A5A3FE6F-3218-46A9-9094-F4DA33D32370.jpeg

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Those are 30’+ cypress trees. 1 st is just headlights on low beam, 2nd is low beam with Aux lights on low. 3rd is everything on high beam

3ADCCE20-B189-4839-B5C3-69DA557C9C5E.jpeg

5E6E0F5F-D3A2-4E69-A53E-7E0EB1AB940F.jpeg

5099C971-A90C-431A-AE89-B22E4204E436.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PNWTEN Thank you for the information. I will be looking forward to see final production version of the bracket. Is it steel, powder coated ?

Edited by Takata

I have tried visionx LED. model:dura mini combo. 2 x 20w and an incredible result !

in this video you can see difference between origin, chinese led and visionX LED... 😉

• Like 1

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

@PNWTEN is cyclops planning on doing anything T700-specific with the multifunction turn signals? Or are those already generic enough that they sell “plug and play” kits?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Takata said:

@PNWTEN Thank you for the information. I will be looking forward to see final production version of the bracket. Is it steel, powder coated ?

Powder coated steel.

• Premium Member

Blog post is done! 

328c9e91-af74-455a-8ff6-48a394173392.jpe

Darryl VanNieuwenhuise and his team from Cyclops Adventure Sports have been patiently waiting to get ahold of my bike for weeks now.  You see, they only had a little bit of time working on a T-700 with Cory...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I had ordered a set of the Cyclops Aurora lights about 2 weeks back, is there anything different about the T7 kit aside from the bracket? Will there be instructions on how to tap into the high/low beam? And did they manage to get the orange halo to work as a signal alongside a DRL?

• Premium Member

That’s specific questions for their crew, give Darryl and Sandra a call. They are top notch in customer service!  Tell them hi for me!

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 10:15 PM, PNWTEN said:

The bike is still at Cyclops lights, I go pick it up tomorrow. Will take pics of all functions. Expect a blog post at www.tenereacrosstheusa.com also.

I just gave a call to Daryl at Cyclops.

High performance LED lights & accessories for motorcycles, autos, snowmobiles & more. Exceptional customer service. U.S. based. Worldwide delivery.

He's going to be making specific light kits for the T7 in the future including the Aurora and optional signal lights. 🙂

• Like 2

I cannot recommend this company and lights enough, I just went with the non-specific T7 ones, with a separate switch. The halo is very bright, hard to show, I used OEM Fog lamp brackets. 

spacer.png

On 6/16/2020 at 9:35 PM, PNWTEN said:

Some daytime pics

86FB71F1-D6A2-4FC2-A799-1C9596071A76.jpeg

6EBCD963-94BB-4036-BE7D-C3C3640EC912.jpeg

I am more interested in your turn signal setup. Most importantly how they are mounted to the fairing in the oem hole. I have looked at Cyclops but was totally confused on what I needed to buy. Rear signals I think I can just mount them on any tail tidy without the use of adapter backing plated like the fronts. I have to get rid of the oem big orange ones soon. Any info to share on the signals is much appreciated.

• Premium Member

Cyclops is making a kit for the T-700, this is the prototype. The best way to get all your questions answered is a call to Darryl, Sandra or Tarrin. Super helpful. Tell them hi for me! 

45 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I am more interested in your turn signal setup. Most importantly how they are mounted to the fairing in the oem hole. I have looked at Cyclops but was totally confused on what I needed to buy. Rear signals I think I can just mount them on any tail tidy without the use of adapter backing plated like the fronts. I have to get rid of the oem big orange ones soon. Any info to share on the signals is much appreciated.

They are mounted using an adapter, its a generic size and works on 99% of all these after market LED signals, Amazon, Ebay etc... all have them 

Quickly and easily secure your LED Pod Signals to your motorcycle with the easy to install Plate Bracket Kit. Shop TST Industries today!

spacer.png

• Like 1

What relay flasher is used? two pin similar to Mt-07 that TST sells? 

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct replacement, plug-and-play Gen2 LED Flasher Relay.

Edited by roy826

1 hour ago, roy826 said:

What relay flasher is used? two pin similar to Mt-07 that TST sells? 

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct replacement, plug-and-play Gen2 LED Flasher Relay.

Yes, 2 pin. I changed all 4 to LED with the relay, though... The dash signal light no longer blinks, just stays light in the signal direction, the signals all blink fine, I think it's something to do with needing a resistor on the rear ones

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 6:30 AM, ScorpionT16 said:

I cannot recommend this company and lights enough, I just went with the non-specific T7 ones, with a separate switch. The halo is very bright, hard to show, I used OEM Fog lamp brackets. 

Are your lights connected directly to the battery?  Do you have a photo of your switch setup?

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Toei said:

Where does the T7 Aurora kit plug in/connect at on the bike?

There is a 3 pin accessory plug that is capped from the factory located under the left hand side fairing. You remove the caps and wire it into there, 2 pin standard or add the third pin for Daytime Running Lights version. The T7 kit comes with everything you need to not alter any of the original wiring, apart from a posi-tap wire to tie into the highbeam power.

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!