Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rally's Seat Kit and Screen Kit

Mungo

Hi Guys,

I just fitted both the Seat Kit and the Screen Kit from T7Rally.

The Seat Kit converts the seat into a one-piece unit that comes off via the key; rather than two sections and the two allen bolts. Result is tooless seat removal - couldn't have been that hard for Yamaha to do in the first place!!

The Screen Kit allows the adjustment of the screen - I'm 183cm (6ft) and on the highway the screen was just a little too low.  I will test it out tomorrow.

The kits are extremely good quality and very easy to fit - it took me longer to watch the YouTube fitting instructions that to actually fit the gear to my bike.

I would very much recommend these two kits.  My perspective is that they are very cheap (about $140AUD including postage - postage from the UK to Australia seemed to be the most expensive part of the purchase!).  I ordered it on Tuesday 2nd June and it arrived today and I had both kits fitted within 40mins (with most of that time spent viewing the YouTube fitting instructions - which are excellent).

Paul

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul

got the same kit. I believe to split seat retention bolts and r clips were invented by someone on here so well done that man!

I ordered the screen adjuster kit yesterday. I'm also 6ft and I find the wind hits me straight in the face but it's fine if I duck my head slightly. I'm hoping a little extra screen height will help. 

I would be interested to hear how you get on with your screen fitted.

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Another thumbs up for the T7Rally seat joiner and windscreen adjuster. I'm 6'1" and the OEM screen was really noisy in the stock position, but full up with the T7 kit makes the air flow very nice now.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I've got the screen adjuster on and it made a big difference. I have it just over half way up and it's much better than stock. Only 5 mins to fit too.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 12:57 PM, Mungo said:

Hi Guys,

The Seat Kit converts the seat into a one-piece unit that comes off via the key; rather than two sections and the two allen bolts. Result is tooless seat removal - couldn't have been that hard for Yamaha to do in the first place!!

The Screen Kit allows the adjustment of the screen - I'm 183cm (6ft) and on the highway the screen was just a little too low.  I will test it out tomorrow.

The kits are extremely good quality and very easy to fit - it took me longer to watch the YouTube fitting instructions that to actually fit the gear to my bike.

I would very much recommend these two kits.  My perspective is that they are very cheap (about $140AUD including postage - postage from the UK to Australia seemed to be the most expensive part of the purchase!).  I ordered it on Tuesday 2nd June and it arrived today and I had both kits fitted within 40mins (with most of that time spent viewing the YouTube fitting instructions - which are excellent).

Paul

Hey Mungo,  Just wondering how your adjustable screen is going as being just over 6ft I am considering one myself.

Cheers

Dazr

• Moderators
On 8/10/2020 at 9:43 AM, JDCooper said:

Can you provide a link to this kit?  Thanks!

@JDCooperHere you go.

https://t7rally.com/shop/ols/products/t7-tenere-700-seat-joining-kit

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have the screen adjuster kit as well.  I'm 6'1".  It doesn't solve the buffeting completely for me but definitely helps.  I also wear an Arai XD4 and the peak on it might be part of the problem too.   

I don't understand the buffeting thing you are on about. I am 184cm with a rally seat and XD4 helmet and don't have an issue. The standard screen is perfect.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

6'1", Arai xd4 helmet, yes I get a fair bit of buffeting as well, haven't done any extra long road trips yet but I feel it would be a bit tiring after a while.

Yet to see a higher screen that doesn't look Shet, so I'll put up with the buffeting for now.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:57 PM, Mungo said:

Hi Guys,

Paul

Hey Mungo,  Just wondering how your adjustable screen is going as being just over 6ft I am considering one myself.

Cheers

Dazr

Hi All,  After a fair road run yesterday,  I dont find that buffeting is a problem,  more being just full undisturbed air hitting you full on.  I had a higher screen on my old T660 which solved that.  I dont want to destroy the looks/ dynamics of the bike with a taller aftermarket screen this time,  but would like a little more protection from the elements.  An adjustable screen seems to fit the bill. 

Hi DazR,

My situation: I am 183cms; I have a Arai XD4 Helmet; and I when we ride N/W (from Newcastle) to get to the dirt in the quickest time, we ride via the Hunter Expressway to Singleton.  I have only needed to adjust the screen to approximately 2cm higher than the screen for it to be effective for me.

My experience: I have less buffeting at 11oks and I don't find the look detremental to the looks of the bike (please see the attached photo).

FYI - I have had my seat (with the one-piece unit fitted) recovered to make it a one piece seat.  My experience - I can stay on the seat all day now and I can remove the seat to get to my tools or clean the pre-filter (air filter) with ease. (please see the attached photo).

For approx $140 AUD (including postage) for these two mods are 'cheap as chips'! 

IMG-0395.jpg

IMG-0396.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah nice Mungo,  I have ordered the screen kit.  I like the seat mate who did that for you? Looks comfy.

Hi DazR,

Nello Boat and Car Upholstery at Maryville (Wickham) - $250 and my arse thanks me at the end of every ride!

Benefits - I can ride all day. With the standard seat after an hour my arse didn't like it. At 183cms I still can reach the ground easily. I can take the seat off quickly just using the key. I can move around on the bike ( along the seat) better whilst riding.

Downside - I like the look of aftermarket seats better - my preference would have been for Seat Concepts - but I couldn't wait for an aftermarket seat to come onto the market.

Yeah suffer same numb bum on standard seat. Need to get used to it. I have a Airhawk cushion from old Tenere 660 I can use.   Is old mate that rides Suzuki DRZ 400 still at Nello's?

• 2 weeks later...