Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Touring Pack cost and the Priority Delivery Program.

UtahJack

I get my T7 next week, I missed the "Priority Delivery Program" but thankfully my local dealer ordered one that had not been spoken for. The only thing was it was ordered with the "Touring Pack" I didn't want the panniers or the rack for them, but if I wanted the bike it was take it our leave it. I told them just to leave the panniers and rack in the boxes and I would try to sell them.

Funny thing was when I started looking up the prices on Yamaha's web page for the individual pieces that came in the Touring pack I discovered that if I bought pieces individually it was $519.04 cheaper than the cost of the Touring pack.  I called Yamaha Customer relations to ask why that was, they said they would get back to me.

• Like 1

Utah Jack:

Greg in Murray, Utah.    I ordered my T700 with the Rally Pack ( bike has been at dealer since June 9th- Rally Pack supposed to be sent out June 22d from Georgia.)

I need to do some cost analysis on the Rally Pack myself.

Congratulations gtimko1012, mine arrived at the dealer on the 12th, all the parts included for the Touring pack with it, the dealer wants to hold the bike until the 27th so they will have one to show potential buyers.

I am just thankful to get it, the Priority Delivery Program sold out in three hours, I just missed it.

My understanding is the next allotment will not be available until September because of the pandemic.

Edited by UtahJack

I came up with the same $500 discrepancy in my calculations. Then I noticed that the hard cases were about $500 a piece. Now “Touring pack” price makes sense. 

Edited by CBR808

The Yam hard cases are made by Givi.  I ordered on sale from Givi from Carpimoto in Italy and saved almost 50% off Yam cost.

• Like 2

CBR808;

41 minutes ago, CBR808 said:

I came up with the same $500 discrepancy in my calculations. Then I noticed that the hard cases were about $500 a piece. Now “Touring pack” price makes sense. 

Actually It is $519.99 for both cases so there is a $519.04 difference between the "Touring Pack" price and the individual price, I still haven't heard back from Yamaha with their explanation.

4 hours ago, UtahJack said:

I get my T7 next week, I missed the "Priority Delivery Program" but thankfully my local dealer ordered one that had not been spoken for. The only thing was it was ordered with the "Touring Pack" I didn't want the panniers or the rack for them, but if I wanted the bike it was take it our leave it. I told them just to leave the panniers and rack in the boxes and I would try to sell them.

Funny thing was when I started looking up the prices on Yamaha's web page for the individual pieces that came in the Touring pack I discovered that if I bought pieces individually it was $519.04 cheaper than the cost of the Touring pack.  I called Yamaha Customer relations to ask why that was, they said they would get back to me.

I was looking at the rally pack today for £1500

£700 for the end can, £300 for the rally seat which means they wanted £500 for led indicstors i don't want, a tank pad i don't want & a plate holder that looks like the one already on the bike that guess what? I don't want. 

Not sure what yamaha are up too but its not cool

2 hours ago, UtahJack said:

CBR808;

Actually It is $519.99 for both cases so there is a $519.04 difference between the "Touring Pack" price and the individual price, I still haven't heard back from Yamaha with their explanation.

BA653B38-20F5-4EAB-B7CC-BDF6A29B0684.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CBR808 said:

Interesting; I stand corrected I see that when you actually go to order than you get to select Left or Right.

Thanks for clearing that up. Now all I have to do is find somebody that wants to buy the rack and cases new still in the box that I have,

Panniers.jpg

Edited by UtahJack

The product detail says "Aluminum Side Case" .  if you ad to cart it will ask you for left or right.  I fell for it at first as well.  talk about pricy.  

When I did my pre-order, I was sitting with my dealer as we waited for 12:00  to roll around.  I told him I was considering the Rally Pack, but he was up front and told me not to do it.  He bluntly told me I'd find better aftermarket items, for less.  I did the comparison of Packs vs. a-la-carte with Yamaha, wasn't much difference in cost.

Sadly, still waiting on the bike, though.  Which brings up the question on how your dealer ordered a bike "not spoken for".  Dealers were supposed to have customers who provided reservation numbers before they placed an order.  I mean, it's not hard to scam the system and they could have just created a "customer", but their sales bulletin was pretty specific not to do that.  Which might be why I'm waiting on my bike.... somehow my reservation number got linked to two bike orders (though I think it had to do with the computer glitch during the mad rush), so I kind of wonder if that's what has delayed my bike.  Yammy saw two bikes on one reservation and thought they were getting played, maybe?

Regardless, its cool you've got access to one.... enjoy it!

Edited by scridercoach

3 hours ago, scridercoach said:

When I did my pre-order, I was sitting with my dealer as we waited for 12:00  to roll around.  I told him I was considering the Rally Pack, but he was up front and told me not to do it.  He bluntly told me I'd find better aftermarket items, for less.  I did the comparison of Packs vs. a-la-carte with Yamaha, wasn't much difference in cost.

Sadly, still waiting on the bike, though.  Which brings up the question on how your dealer ordered a bike "not spoken for".  Dealers were supposed to have customers who provided reservation numbers before they placed an order.  I mean, it's not hard to scam the system and they could have just created a "customer", but their sales bulletin was pretty specific not to do that.  Which might be why I'm waiting on my bike.... somehow my reservation number got linked to two bike orders (though I think it had to do with the computer glitch during the mad rush), so I kind of wonder if that's what has delayed my bike.  Yammy saw two bikes on one reservation and thought they were getting played, maybe?

Regardless, its cool you've got access to one.... enjoy it!

Not sure how it worked out, just very thankful it did, I am assuming that somebody changed their mind. I wished I didn't have to pay for side cases and mount I didn't want, but I wasn't going to let that be a deal breaker. I also wish I didn't have to wait ten day to pick it up, but they were hoping to get some more sells out of it. They told me many of the parties that voiced interest were hesitant to put deposits down before seeing the bike. I get to pick it up on the 27th, my 38th wedding anniversary is the 26th, so I told my wife this is the best present yet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UtahJack said:

It's because dealer gets almost half the cost of adventure or touring packs as commission. Seriously. 

5 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

It's because dealer gets almost half the cost of adventure or touring packs as commission. Seriously. 

Hopefully it won't take too long to sell sense they are currently out of stock.

7 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

The Yam hard cases are made by Givi.  I ordered on sale from Givi from Carpimoto in Italy and saved almost 50% off Yam cost.

Kappa is also made by Givi and is usually even less costly.

3 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Kappa is also made by Givi and is usually even less costly.

Don't tell them that until I have sold mine. Lol