Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Top Case

GPSAT

I just ordered the Kappa K-Venture 48L top case in black. A little bigger then what Yamaha offers and a couple hundred bucks less. I'll complete a review after it comes in and I get some use with it.

20200619_001040.jpg

Edited by GPSAT
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

I bought Givi outback trekker I think its called. 42 l and fits my Scorpion modular helmet in it.

expensive but nice and strong

7362C0EE-F552-4EDB-B60C-B284413CF890.jpeg

• Like 3

Joke between me and Aleks. He hates top boxes...

I'm 50 and he's a lot younger than that. He doesn't understand the joys of the practicalities of the top box...

But I'm with him that my top box fitting (if I do reuse by Givi) will be for commuting only to store my helmet, big heavy lock, gloves etc and I won't be using a top box for real adventures!!

Cue Aleks.....

Edited by Rich TT
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Joke between me and Aleks. He hates top boxes...

I'm 50 and he's a lot younger than that. He doesn't understand the joys of the practicalities of the top box...

But I'm with him that my top box fitting (if I do reuse by Givi) will be for commuting only to store my helmet, big heavy lock, gloves etc and I won't be using a top box for real adventures!!

Cue Aleks.....

When I'm 50 if I will have the same views as you regarding top boxes I'll pay for your TT trip 😂😂😂

Promise... 👍 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

When I'm 50 if I will have the same views as you regarding top boxes I'll pay for your TT trip 😂😂😂

Promise... 👍 

Deal! He he. Mind you, I'll be 68 by then👴

• Haha 1

lol....funny thing about top box...

I hate them too while some of my older friends also love it....

However, when you are the only guy who were backpacking + bungee strap all your luggages just for one day camping trip...yah...I have fallen into the darkside of box...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh I am with you Rich.

Mine does not stay on if I am going for a long trip. I have soft Blizzard bags for that.

It is just super convenient for around the city.

Edited by DWEL700
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

Oh I am with you Rich.

Mine does not stay on if I am going for a long trip. I have soft Blizzard bags for that.

It is just super convenient for around the city.

Sweet! I'm sooo going to get the Blizzards

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 2

Bought the Givi Dolomiti 46L. Same quality as the other trekkers but not as hardcore offroad in it's design. Thinks follows the bikes design nicely.

517cfuxw88L._AC_SL1200_.thumb.jpg.71c2bcc9696b4b25f87fb5aa729df316.jpg

• Like 1

My top case came in today. For the Givi lower end sister company this thing is solid. It also came with the high end lock. I'm impressed and anxious to try it out. It is mostly for commuting to and from work. My Scorpion EXO AT950 should fit without issues when I get to work.  My bags for work and laptop will easily fit travelling to and from work. Very happy!

20200624_181321.jpg

20200624_181314.jpg

• Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black