Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Review series, Mosko Moto Nomad Tankbag

Cruizin

I had emailed Mosko Moto a couple weeks ago and let them know that I had seen a picture of the Nomad on one of our member's Tenere 700's, and that it looked like it was made for our bikes. 

They quickly replied and offered to send me a Nomad with accessories to try out and review.  This is part one of a series of video and written reviews. 

NOTE: My reviews are fair and balanced. If I do not like a product, I send it back to the manufacturer and cancel any reviews.  

So far, this is an amazing piece of equipment.  I went to a pretty out of the way place for a short video. In the middle of nowhere. At 5:30 pm, and in the middle of the video some guy showed up with his tractor and started mowing. Cut my video short! 

• Like 8

Good review buddy, will have to get one, do you think it would mount on the rear seat or blanked off rear seat?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matth said:

Good review buddy, will have to get one, do you think it would mount on the rear seat or blanked off rear seat?

I was thinking the same thing... 👍 

On 6/21/2020 at 3:37 AM, Cruizin said:

I had emailed Mosko Moto a couple weeks ago and let them know that I had seen a picture of the Nomad on one of our member's Tenere 700's, and that it looked like it was made for our bikes. 

They quickly replied and offered to send me a Nomad with accessories to try out and review.  This is part one of a series of video and written reviews. 

NOTE: My reviews are fair and balanced. If I do not like a product, I send it back to the manufacturer and cancel any reviews.  

So far, this is an amazing piece of equipment.  I went to a pretty out of the way place for a short video. In the middle of nowhere. At 5:30 pm, and in the middle of the video some guy showed up with his tractor and started mowing. Cut my video short! 

Nice review.. This could be the ticket to a solution I've been looking at for a longer trip... No more bladder and all the goodies fit nicely inside. 

Very cool looking and fits the style of the bike and the shape of the tank perfectly. 

Aleks 

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely on my wishlist 👍🏼 I love tank bags to carry some of my camera gear, sadly the 3 Givi ones I've got don't fit. 

In your post, you mention a video, but I don't see a link or an embedded video?   Using firefox

• 2 weeks later...

Considering this for myself. Do you think a small soft lunchbox would fit in one of the compartments? 

19 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

Considering this for myself. Do you think a small soft lunchbox would fit in one of the compartments? 

I have one of these bags and the compartments would not be tall enough for a lunch box. 
It’s very handy bag though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one and did a recent off road ride of 160 km on forest service and rougher trails. The bag is terrific and I love all the compartments and thought that went into it. But it isn't perfect. My only issue with it is that on a steep uphill where you want to shift weight forward and back to adjust for traction the tank bag can get in the way. But to be fair, any bag would and this one probably less than most. Still think it is great and just ordered one of their Backcountry Duffles so you can tell I like the quality.

IMG_20200810_1454376.jpg

Edited by Backcountryboy

On 6/20/2020 at 7:37 PM, Cruizin said:

Just curious, why would you cancel a review if you don't like a product? Reviews are meant for that: to let potential buyers know that if it's good or reasons it might not be. Not just 1 sided view points. For me Id appreciate it if you'd let us know when reviewing something if you feel like it doesn't meet your needs and exactly why you felt that way.

I'd guess that likely would be difficult though for any manufacturer that is a supporting member of your business, if there was a critical review warranted. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Just curious, why would you cancel a review if you don't like a product? Reviews are meant for that: to let potential buyers know that if it's good or reasons it might not be. Not just 1 sided view points. For me Id appreciate it if you'd let us know when reviewing something if you feel like it doesn't meet your needs and exactly why you felt that way.

I'd guess that likely would be difficult though for any manufacturer that is a supporting member of your business, if there was a critical review warranted. 

When someone sends me a free product to review, it is not fair to keep the product AND to give it a bad review. I do post when I try a product that I don't like, I just don't blast it out via social media. 

For instance, when K&N went cheap and their oil filters started bursting open left and right, i blasted them on my FZ07, Mt10 and Tracer 900 forums to warn people.  It wasn't a product review per say, but i got the word out. 

Also, sometimes a product has features that I don't like, but others may like so it would be unfair to give those a bad review, just over personal preferences.   I see bad reviews all the time on products that I actually really like.  Like the stock STR tires. 

I have to be careful in my official reviews, or companies wont risk sending me any products to review. But, I am extremely picky on the supporting vendors that I pick.  I turn down many each month. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

I have to be careful in my official reviews, or companies wont risk sending me any products to review. 

I hear you and thank you for the honest response. And this is in no way a diss toward you in any way and I don't mean to disrespect, you're trying to make a living but I think that's why I kind of take reviews from owners of all web sights or blogs and such with a grain of salt. Their positive reviews of a product that was given to them is business. And if there was negative reviews from an owner then they wouldn't be getting free stuff, or have supporting members like MM. It's business, I get it which is why I tend to pay closer attention to reviews from regular folk who have no skin in the game, so to speak. 

I do agree with you on this tank bag, while I have the Reckless 80 and love it, I dont own this tank bag but I've seen it in action and it is really awesome. If I needed one then this would be the one I'd buy next. All of Moskos stuff is quality and excellent attention to detail. 

2 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

I hear you and thank you for the honest response. And this is in no way a diss toward you in any way and I don't mean to disrespect, you're trying to make a living but I think that's why I kind of take reviews from owners of all web sights or blogs and such with a grain of salt. Their positive reviews of a product that was given to them is business. And if there was negative reviews from an owner then they wouldn't be getting free stuff, or have supporting members like MM. It's business, I get it which is why I tend to pay closer attention to reviews from regular folk who have no skin in the game, so to speak. 

I do agree with you on this tank bag, while I have the Reckless 80 and love it, I dont own this tank bag but I've seen it in action and it is really awesome. If I needed one then this would be the one I'd buy next. All of Moskos stuff is quality and excellent attention to detail. 

Uh, you are mistaken. Im not trying to make a living from this. I work 80 plus hours per week in my day job, thank you. This forum costs me money out of my own wallet each month. 

Supporting vendors help reduce the amount of money that I have to pay out of pocket for this free website every month. Well, free for everyone cept for me.  I do forums simply because I like Bike forums. It's a hobby. 

When I give a review, it is 100% accurate. I do not get paid for reviews. Sometimes I get a free product to test and if I like it I write the review.  If I don't, i send it back and I don't do the review. Supporting vendors pay a small amount per month to be a vendor, but they do not pay extra for reviews. And again, I only add the best vendors. 

This is not a blog. This is not a business. I have no employees, I have no youtube channel, followers mean nothing to me. 

Most of the time, this is actually a giant pain in the arse, that I get to pay for.  So, when you see one of my reviews of a company or a product, it is usually a product or company that I have known for years as a regular paying customer. 

I turn down many companies who want to be a supporting vendor because either I don't know them, or their reputation is poor. Which means I turn down free money on a regular basis. 

My reviews and the vendors that I promote are 100% real. Same as on my other forums. 

• Like 3

For the record, I have a  Nomad bag. It's very robust and well designed. I highly recommend it. Only gripe is exchange rates and shipping make it expensive for us in Australia. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Uh, you are mistaken. Im not trying to make a living from this. I work 80 plus hours per week in my day job, thank you. This forum costs me money out of my own wallet each month. 

Supporting vendors help reduce the amount of money that I have to pay out of pocket for this free website every month. Well, free for everyone cept for me.  I do forums simply because I like Bike forums. It's a hobby. 

When I give a review, it is 100% accurate. I do not get paid for reviews. Sometimes I get a free product to test and if I like it I write the review.  If I don't, i send it back and I don't do the review. Supporting vendors pay a small amount per month to be a vendor, but they do not pay extra for reviews. And again, I only add the best vendors. 

This is not a blog. This is not a business. I have no employees, I have no youtube channel, followers mean nothing to me. 

Most of the time, this is actually a giant pain in the arse, that I get to pay for.  So, when you see one of my reviews of a company or a product, it is usually a product or company that I have known for years as a regular paying customer. 

I turn down many companies who want to be a supporting vendor because either I don't know them, or their reputation is poor. Which means I turn down free money on a regular basis. 

My reviews and the vendors that I promote are 100% real. Same as on my other forums. 

That’s cool man. I just asked why you don’t post a review if it doesn’t meet your expectations? You said you have to be careful with your reviews or nobody would send free stuff for you to review. That makes sense. I get it. No big deal. I’ll just look forward to hearing more positive reviews from ya. I like the venders you’ve chosen to help support your website. I think I’ve purchased from all of them lol. At least my Visa knows I did. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1