Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Laam Custom Seats of Redding Ca.

PNWTEN

• Premium Member

I’m currently in Redding Ca about to get my seat rebuilt by one of the best guys on the west coast. Seth Laam has worked magic on my 1200 Super Tenere twice, improving it after my ironbutt in 2013 and then again in 2016 before my 48 state/ 4 corners ride. Seth has been building seats for 21 years now, that’s a long time when you are still a couple years from being 40😉 He is quite popular and only a 1 man show so wait times can be a month for mailing in your pan BUT riding out to Redding will cut that time down to 2-3 hours. Plus the riding around Redding is spectacular, on or off road🙌
This will be his first Tenere 700 but I have complete confidence in his skills To get it right.

ill post more as the day progresses.

DB5C1A02-E64B-4AAD-AD43-E81140397E90.jpeg

9F0B1650-7235-40CD-B559-5557031F3384.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks Glen!  Tell Seth I'll have an order for him for the same bike over the winter! Charles in CT.  😃

• Like 1

Does he/will he supply finished seats? Or is this only a ship your seat and he rebuilds it?

1 hour ago, PNWTEN said:

All done! It’s soooo comfortable and the same height as the stock seat

09E36B85-B342-4B2F-BE0D-BF7F671AB4FF.jpeg

A869D98E-E30E-4AD1-B138-38A5C6356727.jpeg

That looks Beautiful!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for posting this!  Was there any custom fitting to you since you were there in person, or would the result be the same either way (in-person or via mail)?

• Premium Member

He could have made it more comfortable but I wouldn’t have reached the ground. I just did a 350 mile day on it and the last 20 or so were a bit tough. I know I wouldn’t have made it 1/2 that far on a stock seat. It’s way more comfortable then stock but it’s not an iron butt seat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/22/2020 at 5:36 AM, PNWTEN said:

I’m currently in Redding Ca about to get my seat rebuilt by one of the best guys on the west coast. Seth Laam has worked magic on my 1200 Super Tenere twice, improving it after my ironbutt in 2013 and then again in 2016 before my 48 state/ 4 corners ride. Seth has been building seats for 21 years now, that’s a long time when you are still a couple years from being 40😉 He is quite popular and only a 1 man show so wait times can be a month for mailing in your pan BUT riding out to Redding will cut that time down to 2-3 hours. Plus the riding around Redding is spectacular, on or off road🙌
This will be his first Tenere 700 but I have complete confidence in his skills To get it right.

ill post more as the day progresses.

DB5C1A02-E64B-4AAD-AD43-E81140397E90.jpeg

9F0B1650-7235-40CD-B559-5557031F3384.jpeg

Thanks for your post Glen! I was able to get an appointment scheduled with Seth in a couple weeks. His work looks great and it’s going to be nice for my 500 mile ride up to the Touratech rally in WA in September. 

Curious if you would have him do anything different and are you still happy? Thanks again for the post.

Jeremy