Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exploring Southern Idaho, 500+ miles dirt roads

Idarex

This weekend I did 773 miles, 500+ miles on dirt roads.  I now have 2025 miles on the T7.  I only had a plan for day 1.  Day 2 and 3 were going to be take it as it came.  The plan was to explore routes I’ve never taken/seen.

Friday:  First leg, Poky to Jarbidge NV.  From Jarbidge travel all dirt to Featherville.  This meant crossing the Inside Desert and Bruneau Desert to Glenns Ferry.  I crossed the Bruneau canyon at Clover Crossing.  Only sighted one person on the desert crossing, an Airforce jet over the Bruneau canyon.  I crossed the Snake River outside Hemmet.  Took a break at the Y-Not Winery (formerly Carmella) in Glenn’s Ferry.   Had a Shandy and a Hummus platter at the bar.  I took Kings Hill and Barret Mountain Rd to Anderson Ranch Dam then up to Featherville where I spent the night.

Saturday:  I decided to leave my pack in Featherville and do a loop into Boise and back.  I traveled the North side of Anderson Res and followed the South Fork of the Boise River into Boise.  This is an epic ride.  The dirt road is beginner but the scenery is expert level.  This is a must do if any of you Hooligans are in the area.  I met my Brother in Law at Boise Fry Company/Bier Thirty and had a wonderful Hazy Pale Ale.  On the return trip I did the north side of Lucky Peak Res and Arrowrock Res.  I followed the Middle Fork of the Boise River to about 20 miles from Atlanta and crossed over through Rocky Bar to Featherville.  On this day I saw lots of people drifting rafting rounding up cattle and camping.

Sunday:  I got the kickstand up at 9 am for the trip home carrying my full camp again.  I rode pavement from Featherville to Carey ID.  At Carey I decided to cross the lava fields/desert of the Craters of the Moon Monument to American Falls.  This is a remote lava field desert and I saw zero people when I crossed it.  I crossed the Snake at American Falls and got home in time to have a Margarita on the deck.  I have not unpacked and cleaned my gear yet.

The T7 was the perfect ride for this trip.  The T7 is giving me access to a lot of country I have never seen before.

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

• Like 6

Great pictures and nice to see the t7 being used as it should, not like mine 🤔🤣

I've noticed you have a similar sat nav as mine... I use it on the 12.0mm bar as it sits nicely on the left side of the speedo and you've got a great view... Attached a picture for your reference if you are interested. 

Aleks 

IMG_0695 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Great photos...great place to ride.  This is just what the T7 is made for!  One day I'll get to ride in the USA...Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

The inReach Explorer is not a very good GPS.  Alek, I would be interested in how you mounted yours.

CGras,  I took the mirrors off my KLX.  They are pricey but work fantastic.  I have the round version on my dirt bike but I prefer the ADV version.  Great view, no vibration, and they don't loosen up over time like other folding mirrors.  I can't compare them to to the OEM because I never rode with the OEM.  

Great Escape,  Come see US!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Idarex said:

The inReach Explorer is not a very good GPS.  Alek, I would be interested in how you mounted yours.

CGras,  I took the mirrors off my KLX.  They are pricey but work fantastic.  I have the round version on my dirt bike but I prefer the ADV version.  Great view, no vibration, and they don't loosen up over time like other folding mirrors.  I can't compare them to to the OEM because I never rode with the OEM.  

Great Escape,  Come see US!

That's the mount I've got and added one extra layer of rubber to make up the thickness of the bar. 

Works great and visibility is very good. 

If you need more info let me know 👍 😉 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20200624-205953.jpg

• Thanks 1