Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Long Haul Windscreen

GPSAT

Ordered the Givi Jumbo today. It will hopefully cut the annoying buffeting and allow the tunes to be turned down saving my hearing. Stay tuned for the review.

20200624_184737.jpg

Edited by GPSAT
  • Like 4

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

I have the one size lower than yours, its about 90% where i want it to be now, T7 rally screen adjusters should be the icing on the cake for fine tuning height for road and for bush riding.  I mainly like the protection for rain and the cold that comes with it.  Let us know what your findings are, looks like another wet summer here!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, GPSAT said:

Ordered the Givi Jumbo today. It will hopefully cut the annoying buffeting and allow the tunes to be turned down saving my hearing. Stay tuned for the review.

20200624_184737.jpg

How is the screen?

On 6/30/2020 at 9:13 AM, Colddog said:

I have the one size lower than yours, its about 90% where i want it to be now, T7 rally screen adjusters should be the icing on the cake for fine tuning height for road and for bush riding.  I mainly like the protection for rain and the cold that comes with it.  Let us know what your findings are, looks like another wet summer here!

Where did you get this smaller one? Fortnine? I have the T7 adjusters (supplied by them 3D printed - so I've copied them to make more cause they break) with the stock screen, and it's not quite enough.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

1 hour ago, Canzvt said:

Where did you get this smaller one? Fortnine? I have the T7 adjusters (supplied by them 3D printed - so I've copied them to make more cause they break) with the stock screen, and it's not quite enough.

Would you be to share the adjuster print file?

would like to cut one of my own but no one near me has a set.

Sure. PM me you email, and I'll send you the .stl's. I don't have the sliced files. Get someone else to do that.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Thank you sir!

PM sent

53 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

Sure. PM me you email, and I'll send you the .stl's. I don't have the sliced files. Get someone else to do that.

2 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

How is the screen?

I spent the day riding in snowy conditions on Sat freezing my a$$ off. Mid ride I stopped at home, switched to the jumbo and man what a difference! It is a must for cold weather. I found it too hot during the +30C weather. 

3 hours ago, GPSAT said:

I spent the day riding in snowy conditions on Sat freezing my a$$ off. Mid ride I stopped at home, switched to the jumbo and man what a difference! It is a must for cold weather. I found it too hot during the +30C weather. 

Nice to hear you had it, pretty interesting.

You look tall. How is the wind buffeting and particularly wind noise reduced from the stock screen?

I would imagine all wind noise is about eliminated. Thanks.

Still buffeting but minimal. I'm 6ft. The screen edge is in my line of site but sitting up or coaching a bit is all that is needed.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GPSAT said:

Still buffeting but minimal. I'm 6ft. The screen edge is in my line of site but sitting up or coaching a bit is all that is needed.

Ok thanks GPSAT. 

I found one on sale at Twisted Throttle for $104.00  and ordered one.

D2145S.jpg

Provide a more enhanced aesthetic and improved riding experience with additional protection from wind blast bugs and other debris with a GIVI windscreen.

They have two version, shorter 'smoke' and taller 'clear', I ordered the clear.

I have a Powerbronze now but it's still not offering enough wind noise reduction. 

The GIVI JUMBO  is just over 6 inches taller than the Powerbronze. I'm 6' 3" tall.

I'm sure the GIVI will help even more!

Edited by ADVUSA

On 10/8/2020 at 5:37 AM, ADVUSA said:

Ok thanks GPSAT. 

I found one on sale at Twisted Throttle for $104.00  and ordered one.

D2145S.jpg

Provide a more enhanced aesthetic and improved riding experience with additional protection from wind blast bugs and other debris with a GIVI windscreen.

They have two version, shorter 'smoke' and taller 'clear', I ordered the clear.

I have a Powerbronze now but it's still not offering enough wind noise reduction. 

The GIVI JUMBO  is just over 6 inches taller than the Powerbronze. I'm 6' 3" tall.

I'm sure the GIVI will help even more!

Thanks again @GPSAT !  

UPDATE:  to all T7 owners who may be struggling with wind noise. The answer is the GIVI large clear screen!

Today I went for a couple rides after installing the screen,  I can hear the engine now and actually hear the shifting and I could not before because of wind noise. I'm 6' 3" and previously had the powerbronze tall screen and still needed more screen. Today is was very windy however in the seat it was quite comfortable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:32 PM, Canzvt said:

I picked it up off eBay, works best with the powerbronze  deflector wings.  In fact all the screens I have tried are better with the deflector wings, I have 4 different styles to choose from!

My T7 adjusters broke too, thinking of making a set of my own with puck board and a router!  Seems like every bike I own has some modifications that include pieces of hockey puck, puck board or hockey tape!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The tall Givi is the D2145ST?

Still the best or are there better screens nowadays (Puig) ?

The standard screen gives me no buffeting, but a lot of windnoise. 

Edited by RedStrom

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased the Givi 2145S, the middle sized.

I have the risers. Which makes it possible to meet the ST height.

The Givi gives more protection, a little bit more buffeting, and a little bit less windnoise.

Great for colder weather.

I am not sure what the best position is, low or high.

I think adding some rings to the lower to bolts to make the screen a bit flatter will help.

The less vertical a screen is the better it usally is.

I put on the standard screen after testing the Givi. 25+Celsius was the reason 🙂