Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First time off road! Asheville NC

Flyinbrianbmx

Never had a bike that I could go off-road on and feel this confident. This is such a great motorcycle, I love it more and more everyday!

IMG_9770.jpg

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Lupan said:

Is it the sw motech water pump protecion?

Yes it is! pretty nice! takes up a lot of space where the rear brake is though so I had to buy the rear brake extension peice.

I like that piece. I have no plans for big heavy crash bars. Just what I am looking for!

What pipe is that?

I know that underpass 🙂 

Great roads (on and off) up there. When I get mine, we need to ride, I'm sure you know more roads than I know up that way. (Rob Coulter on FB group)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I like that piece. I have no plans for big heavy crash bars. Just what I am looking for!

What pipe is that?

photos.svg

Wings titanium exhaust with real carbon fibre end cap and heat shield for YAMAHA TENERE 700 -premium product in terms of design, function and materials - EU

Also got the side carbon visor pieces they sell which are fantastic!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

I know that underpass 🙂 

Great roads (on and off) up there. When I get mine, we need to ride, I'm sure you know more roads than I know up that way. (Rob Coulter on FB group)

That would be awesome Rob! I only know a few dirt roads also right now, give me 2 months and I'll know a lot more!

5 minutes ago, Flyinbrianbmx said:

That would be awesome Rob! I only know a few dirt roads also right now, give me 2 months and I'll know a lot more!

Oh, well then maybe I can show you around, ha! I've been going up to Pisgah for a "couple" of years now.

If you like following tracks, there are a couple good ones. These are both events in the area that I have participated in. 

Pisgah Productions was formed in 2003 by Eric and Erinna Wever with a simple idea: to push people to go further than they knew they could go before and to have a great party afterwards. The Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race...

163.5 mi, +16095 ft. Bike ride in Henderson County, NC

• Like 1

I'm digging the carbon fiber side fairing panels, did you order straight from the website? And I'm guessing they ship to the US since you have them, how bad was the shipping cost and how long did you wait to get them?

Nice looking bike btw, enjoy. If you are ever near Boone give me a shout.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MghtyThor69 said:

If you are ever near Boone give me a shout.

So you got your bike in NC? What dealer?

I'm still waiting here in Charlotte area. Supposedly mid-July. 

Lots of great riding up in Boone area. Wilson Creek is my favorite.

1 hour ago, slakdawg said:

Oh, well then maybe I can show you around, ha! I've been going up to Pisgah for a "couple" of years now.

If you like following tracks, there are a couple good ones. These are both events in the area that I have participated in. 

Pisgah Productions was formed in 2003 by Eric and Erinna Wever with a simple idea: to push people to go further than they knew they could go before and to have a great party afterwards. The Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race...

163.5 mi, +16095 ft. Bike ride in Henderson County, NC

oh wow nice! I'm super close to all of that I'll have to check them out! let me know when you get your bike for sure!! ❤️

1 hour ago, MghtyThor69 said:

I'm digging the carbon fiber side fairing panels, did you order straight from the website? And I'm guessing they ship to the US since you have them, how bad was the shipping cost and how long did you wait to get them?

Nice looking bike btw, enjoy. If you are ever near Boone give me a shout.

They were actually great with shipping and not expensive at all. got to my door in a week at most! Also I think you get a deal if you order both the side panels and the exhaust, not the best deal but hey I liked them both before figuring that out!

I've been having a NIGHTMARE of a time dealing with OFF THE ROAD.DE right now though with the covid shipping delays. 😕 I guess some companies just use better shipping than others out there. not off the roads fault but frustrating none the less. 

but Wings was great!

43 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

So you got your bike in NC? What dealer?

I'm still waiting here in Charlotte area. Supposedly mid-July. 

Lots of great riding up in Boone area. Wilson Creek is my favorite.

I got mine from MR Motorcycle in Asheville NC. I guess since Asheville is so close to the Yamaha distro in Greenville SC I was one of the first to get it. I think shipping started on the 8th and I got mine on the 11th.

Nice bike...glad your enjoying it!!  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Nice bike...glad your enjoying it!!  Cheers,  Steve 

Hey thank you Steve!

• Like 1