Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exan carbon fiber end can.

Adventure6965

Just replaced my end can with an Exan carbon fiber one. I love it. Saved 2.4kg on the stock one & it sounds great. Had to cut 4 slots into it so it would fit over the stock header & enlarge the slot in the bracket so I could use the original mounting bolt. I'm not sure if they forgot to add the slots or not but it's ok. Absolute bargain on ebay with free delivery from Italy to France. Also I'd added it to my watch list & received 10% discount after a few days. 292.50€.

20200630_222818.jpg

20200628_205703.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Adventure6965 said:

Just replaced my end can with an Exan carbon fiber one. I love it. Saved 2.4kg on the stock one & it sounds great. Had to cut 4 slots into it so it would fit over the stock header & enlarge the slot in the bracket so I could use the original mounting bolt. I'm not sure if they forgot to add the slots or not but it's ok. Absolute bargain on ebay with free delivery from Italy to France. Also I'd added it to my watch list & received 10% discount after a few days. 292.50€.

20200630_222818.jpg

20200628_205703.jpg

That's a Nice price, it's the oval one no?

That looks great! Too bad I never could find it for US delivery.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 11:58 PM, sbeck09 said:

That looks great! Too bad I never could find it for US delivery.

You could ask them if they would deliver to the US.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I bought X-RALLY Titanium.
Similarly, I enlarged the hole in the bracket. The quality of Exan is a bit strange.

However, this silencer has good cost, design and weight.

DiamondFile.jpg

• 1 month later...

@Adventure6965 

I'm thinking about going for an Exan can; so, a year on, what are your thoughts about it now? Quality; longevity; sound etc? Would you buy again?

Or is there anyone else with an Exan carbon exhaust that can give their opinion?

Cheers 

Edited by Neil
Wider question.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my reasons for wanting to change to a carbon slip on can is to save weight (tick) and hopefully improve MPG. The net experts seem divided on the latter point. What is the opinion here? Will swapping out the stock for a carbon can (NOT full system) have any effect (positive or negative) on MPG?

Cheers.