Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Oem heated grips setup

Magz

Just wanted to share this, just in case some of you didn’t know.

These grips has 3 different settings.  Just hold the button down 5 seconds, and the light flashes(if it doesn’t, turn off and on the ignition while holding the button on the grip).  For more heat in the grips press the button so that all lights flash.  Then wait 5 seconds, and you’re all set. 

I didn’t know this before my dealer told me.

Stay safe🙂

A486C441-EDB1-4A49-B14F-78A2DFB9C73D.jpeg

Edited by Magz
  • Like 4

Yeh i saw that but mine works on 1-2 or 3 with out doing that. What does the holding the button down actually do as works well with out, i can see it increases the power but im guessing it draws low current out of the box?

Edited by Matth

2 hours ago, Matth said:

Yeh i saw that but mine works on 1-2 or 3 with out doing that. What does the holding the button down actually do as works well with out?

Well if i understand your question right.  These programmes/modes alter the heating effect these grips have when you use them.  I thought the ones on my old bike didn’t give as much heat as i wanted.  So my dealer did this procedure, and they became warmer.

They work exactly as before, but are slightly warmer.

Edited by Magz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Magz said:

Well if i understand your question right.  These programmes/modes alter the heating effect these grips have when you use them.  I thought mine on my old bike didn’t give as much heat as i wanted.  So my dealer did this procedure, and they became warmer.

They work exactly as before, but are slightly warmer.

Hi Magz. Thanks for this. I posted on this a while ago and found out by chance about the different settings for big CC bike. When I did that they were a lot warmer, although nowhere near as warm as the Oxford ones. But they look much better.

Cheers

Rich

Magz, your a genius! Tried it and within 15 secs or so the heat is higher and after 3-4 mins they are significantly hotter!

this is your good deed for today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Hi Magz. Thanks for this. I posted on this a while ago and found out by chance about the different settings for big CC bike. When I did that they were a lot warmer, although nowhere near as warm as the Oxford ones. But they look much better.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich.  I’m a newbie around here, so i didn’t know if it has been posted before.  I agree with you, the oxford grips are hotter.  But the look on the OEM is sleeker.

Stay safe🙂

1 hour ago, Matth said:

Magz, your a genius! Tried it and within 15 secs or so the heat is higher and after 3-4 mins they are significantly hotter!

this is your good deed for today!

Awesome!  Glad to help😉

Stay safe🙂

52 minutes ago, Magz said:

Hi Rich.  I’m a newbie around here, so i didn’t know if it has been posted before.  I agree with you, the oxford grips are hotter.  But the look on the OEM is sleeker.

Stay safe🙂

Agreed mate!!

Enjoy your bike. Love mine.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...