Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Rui

Motorcycle Airbag

Rui

What´s your expirience with airbag? do you have any recomendation? 

Thank you

ADVUSA

Ah yes, great question.  I've studied gear examples from many people, and then discovered a Helite air bag vest.

I've also read a couple stories of how it saved people in one way or another. I wear it every time I ride.

I made a reminder teather to the tank bag so that I don't forget the teather that counts.  😃

motorcycle.png

Airbags integrated in motorbike vests and jackets 100% designed and manufactured in France. Unique, reliable and high-performing products for real protection.

• Like 1

REDHORSECA
Posted (edited)

I went with the Helite Turtle 2 vest in Hi-Viz. I commute in LA traffic and need the extra protection and visibility it provide on my daily commute.

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 3

ADVUSA
Posted (edited)

Big Bang Aux lights help a lot too!   👁️👁️

Edited by ADVUSA

Aleksandar13

Rst in UK have developed a jacket with airbag and its going for £399.. Which is very good compared to just a vest... Maybe for Christmas I'll get one when they have an extra 20 percent off. 

Seems to be very well made... Leather one is 499. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

29er
17 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Rst in UK have developed a jacket with airbag and its going for £399.. Which is very good compared to just a vest... Maybe for Christmas I'll get one when they have an extra 20 percent off. 

Seems to be very well made... Leather one is 499. 

Aleks 

It's a lot more in reality - i believe  you have to subscribe to the in motion app to have the airbag activated and the airbag / vest part is "leased", and thats £100 a year, with an additional cost for track use, i think theres a one off payment at the end but you have to subscribe fro 3 continuous years, there may be a one off subscription to cover the three years - more here

inemotion-airbag-vest-review_thumb.ashx

Is this wireless airbag the best safety option?

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
2 minutes ago, 29er said:

It's a lot more in reality - i believe  you have to subscribe to the in motion app to have the airbag activated and the airbag / vest part is "leased", and thats £100 a year, with an additional cost for track use, i think theres a one off payment at the end but you have to subscribe fro 3 continuous years, there may be a one off subscription to cover the three years - more here

inemotion-airbag-vest-review_thumb.ashx

Is this wireless airbag the best safety option?

Thank you for clearing that up for me... I've started reading but lost interest when I saw the subscription and all the extra cost... Seems crazy to me to have to pay such an amount upfront and then yearly more on top.. I'm sure people out there find this attractive but I'll find a better value for money product in the end. 

Aleks 

Rui

From what I have seen there are 2 main tipes: eletronic (batery) or physical (with out batery) activation.

I prefer with out electronic and easy to use it again

• Like 1

29er

I guess it's new tech - it'll be cheaper in a year or so, although like a lot of these "good" ideas that save lives they try to keep an angle on it and not let it go mainstream, in this case "in motion" have the accelerometer box that will trigger the air bags in the jacket (most of the jacket manufactures all use the in motion accelerometer software)

Until a jacket manufacturer can put accelerometers in a jacket... they have the monopoly.

Whats interesting is that when buying the jacket there is no mention that it is as good as useless unless you subscribe to the app and the costs are not clear.. 

• Like 1

29er
6 minutes ago, Rui said:

From what I have seen there are 2 main tipes: eletronic (batery) or physical (with out batery) activation.

I prefer with out electronic and easy to use it again

It all relies on the "in Motion" app - you have to subscribe to the app to make the jacket work - 120 euros a year, and they want 3 years subscription - you should look into it carefully before buying one.

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
2 minutes ago, 29er said:

It all relies on the "in Motion" app - you have to subscribe to the app to make the jacket work - 120 euros a year, and they want 3 years subscription - you should look into it carefully before buying one.

The helite non electronic one is based on a cord and triggers the canister inside it...

This would be my first choice... 👍 As long as you don't forget to attach the cord to the bike I think your fine. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Rui
4 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

The helite non electronic one is based on a cord and triggers the canister inside it...

This would be my first choice... 👍 As long as you don't forget to attach the cord to the bike I think your fine. 

Aleks 

Probably it will be my choice