Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Waiting for your T7? Tell/Show us about your growing FARKLES PILE!

REDHORSECA

So, many or us early USA/CAN T7 adopters are still waiting for your motorcycles to arrive at your Dealership.

Show and tell us about the T7 parts and accessories you have received or on order!

Please post URL links of where you purchased the items.

UPDATE: Oct. 2, 2020 - I'm finally an official T700 owner. 🙂  My T700 Build Thread link in this forum.

DELIVERED - [*] = Installed on my T700, [X] No current plans to install as this moment

IN Transit - Shipped

•  

Ordered/Waiting to be shipped

•  

Group Buy Pending

• Seat Concepts - Group Buy #2 one piece seat Tall Comfort

Edited by REDHORSECA
updated list
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

So, many or us early USA/CAN T7 adopters are still waiting for your motorcycles to arrive at your Dealership.

Show and tell us about the T7 parts and accessories you have received or on order!

DELIVERED

IN Transit - Shipped

Waiting to be shipped

Group Buy Commitment

A few more items I will pull the trigger on. May just wait for the T7 or see what the aftermarket brings

Thank you for posting links. Too many people post pics, and then ya gotta go searching online for the best price. When I find a good price, I copy and paste the link. Thanks for doing the same. 

• Like 2

Did the Givi SR2145 require an additional mounting plate, or did it come with the plate installed?

9 hours ago, mattgif said:

Did the Givi SR2145 require an additional mounting plate, or did it come with the plate installed?

It does not include the top plate.

I haven't bought my top plate yet. I was looking at the Givi M9B, but I may go with the Givi M8B as it's flatter top plate.

Still looking around for an aftermarket plate. I have a Dynamic Long Top plate on my other ADV bike, it's Givi MonoKey and RotoPax compatible. They make a couple S10 top plates (link above), so I hope they have a T7 plate soon.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 10:10 PM, REDHORSECA said:

DELIVERED

IN Transit - Shipped

Waiting to be shipped

Group Buy Commitment

A few more items I will pull the trigger on. May just wait for the T7 or see what the aftermarket brings

You are the hero we needed with the links.... much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Such a great thread! Kinda like the “what did you do to your T7 today” thread but condensed with the links. Great job! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DT675 said:

Such a great thread! Kinda like the “what did you do to your T7 today” thread but condensed with the links. Great job! 

I think technically this is the "what didn't you do to your Tenere today" thread!

• Haha 2

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

Wow, REDHORSECA, thanks for that! Makes me feel better about my much more modest pile for my bike due in October! 😄

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 3:25 PM, wncrider said:

Wow, REDHORSECA, thanks for that! Makes me feel better about my much more modest pile for my bike due in October! 😄

My ETA is also Oct.

But, my Dealer informed me their next Oct bike is the Red/White model, not my Blue. I'm just going to wait until my Blue bike arrives.

Picked up my unicorn last night. It's not the Ceramic Ice color I wanted, but I'll rectify that later.

fMDVy9El.jpg

Here is the pile of farkles that I will begin installing today.

TByw3Tul.jpg

7PrfVtCl.jpg

• Like 3

I waiting for the weigh station to open up this morning for a weight ticket. So I know what the stock bike with a full tank weighs.

I'll weigh it again maybe a few times after some of the farkles get put on to see the net gains. lol

================================

Update: 460 lbs, I just topped it off with gas.

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 1

FYI - CAUTION. There a bunch of models of MZS levers, so check out your levers before you go out for a ride. A little video on MZS levers. I'm not saying they are all bad levers, just check your six.

I'm just going with a more reputable brand of levers.

• Like 2

Ordered my Seat Concepts seat: Seat Concepts- Group Buy Sport-Touring (Gripper Top/Carbon Fiber sides)

10 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 11-16-2020 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

The seat(s) you want and cover type. You can just copy and paste the sku#

Your email, shipping address, full name and rider weight.

On the 17th I will reach out to those if I need more info and send out invoices over the next day or 2.

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-t700-comfort-low?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-sport-touring?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-comfort-tall?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 7:10 AM, REDHORSECA said:

do these 3 work in conjunction? one stacked on top of the other? does it stick out much/vibrate? 

Awesome build this seems, I'm waiting for my T7 Rally (march they say) and about to start ordering some stuff for "the pile".

thank you for the detailed list and information

6 hours ago, HugoB said:

do these 3 work in conjunction? one stacked on top of the other? does it stick out much/vibrate? 

Awesome build this seems, I'm waiting for my T7 Rally (march they say) and about to start ordering some stuff for "the pile".

I don't have it but a lot of my friends do.

This is how I see my friend does it.
image.thumb.png.45f58cfd8d9c0b4d71668defeedb29b0.png

On 1/28/2021 at 4:54 AM, HugoB said:

Yes they do all work together.

Finally got in the mood of installing some more of the farkles from the pile.

These last two weeks I got the following installed.

A couple of my Givi products were not compatible with the Camel reserve tank. The Givi left side pannier bracket and left side top box mounts no longer fit. I plan on modifying the brackets by cutting them up and bending/welding some steel tubing to work around the interference. I'm too invested in the Outback Trekker panniers sets and top boxes, as I have them on three of my ADV bikes.

Givi - Sr2145 Monokey/Monolock Top Luggage Rack Brackets - Motostorm iT (Not compatible with the Camel reserve tank, need to modify.)

Givi - Plo2145cam Trekker Side Pannier Brackets - Motostorm iT (Not compatible with the Camel reserve tank, need to modify. The right side mount is compatible with the Camel high mounted exhaust.)

My next items I plan to install are to get my Alpina tubeless wheels mounted up with the tires and rotors. I also plan on doing some more electrical work and get my Denali fog/driving light mount installed and the rear license plate LED brake/running light installed. Get the ECU flashed now that the exhaust and air filters are installed.

• Like 3