Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere Turn Indicators, choices few and far between.

UtahJack

Boy, the turn indicators that come on the North American model are really ugly.

Trying to find a suitable replacement is a pain, either they are so cheap you know they won't last, or they are so small they are useless as far as actually being seen by someone especially in the daytime.

Than there are those that are so expensive that should you ever break one, replacement would be a pain on it's own.

s-l1600.jpg

I liked the Yamaha LED indicators that where available in Europe, even though they where on the expensive side, but finding a pair has proved to be impossible, with the exception of some on E-bay UK that are priced so high by the time I got a complete set here I would have spent over $500 for indicators, I didn't like them that much.

I would like to find some that looked decent where about half the size of the stock ones actually where visible even in the daylight, reliable and didn't cost an arm and a leg, if only.

I know if a bullfrog had wing he wouldn't bump his butt.

Any suggestions with links would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on putting a Tail Tidy on, but figured I would do it all at once, but can't find indicators, maybe I am just too picky.

Shoot I better just go ride and stop thinking about it, ya, that's what I should do, "Honey, I am going for I ride I need to clear my head."

"Oh, the trash, yes dear, on my way out."

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 2

I went with TST industries front and rear signals, MT-07 ones fit the same. Good price, and come with all the Yamaha plug and play connectors. 

Front ones - 

Replace your bulky stock Yamaha front signals with low profile superbright LED Flushmounts from TST Industries.

Rear ones, BL6 Clear - 

Sleek and stealthy LED pod signal bundle by TST Industries. Plug and play installation to make your Yamaha look great.

I did also install a pair of Cyclops lights with 2" Halo, you can wire the Halo to be a Signal, and it is insanely bright, I went for the DRL. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

am liking them flush mount fronts. can we get them here in the uk?

Edited by bth2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyinbrianbmx said:

I bought these! good luck on your choice!

blinker-stealth2-indicator-flasher-indy-

LED indicator Stealth II Yamaha Tenere 700 - The LED indicator Stealth is now avaible in the even smaller Stealth II version! Sharp 'Stealth' look with clear lens design. Cover glass clear, LED glow i

I do like those but shipping to the US is almost as much as the indicators.

1 hour ago, bth2 said:

am liking them flush mount fronts. can we get them here in the uk?

I don't see why not, just click the TST links I posted, add to cart, and put your address in to get shipping options. I live in Canada, and they shipped them here, received in 2-3 days. 

13 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I don't see why not, just click the TST links I posted, add to cart, and put your address in to get shipping options. I live in Canada, and they shipped them here, received in 2-3 days. 

32 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

I do like those but shipping to the US is almost as much as the indicators.

I just ordered a couple things with them so the shipping didn't bother me but I understand the frustration. If it makes you feel better the same site has indicator adapters that 100% make you life so easy, they come with the butt splice female ends and the indicators I linked above come with the male ends already attached.

I was really happy when I found that out, no soldering completely plug and play.

idk if that's a common thing in the ADV bike world, but my last bike was 100% a pain in my ass. This one was like a breath of fresh air!

IMG_9954.JPG

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 7:19 AM, UtahJack said:

Trying to find a suitable replacement is a pain, either they are so cheap you know they won't last, or they are so small they are useless as far as actually being seen by someone especially in the daytime.

Than there are those that are so expensive that should you ever break one, replacement would be a pain on it's own.

s-l1600.jpg

I liked the Yamaha LED indicators that where available in Europe, even though they where on the expensive side, but finding a pair has proved to be impossible, with the exception of some on E-bay UK that are priced so high by the time I got a complete set here I would have spent over $500 for indicators, I didn't like them that much.

I would like to find some that looked decent where about half the size of the stock ones actually where visible even in the daylight, reliable and didn't cost an arm and a leg, if only.

I plan on putting a Tail Tidy on, but figured I would do it all at once, but can't find indicators, maybe I am just too picky.

Shoot I better just go ride and stop thinking about it, ya, that's what I should do, "Honey, I am going for I ride I need to clear my head."

Look at Tuff-Lites by Extreme Dual-Sport.  American made, noticeable enough for daytime, and as tough as they come.  I've beat the hell outa mine on my DR790.  So they were my first choice for my (still waiting) T7.  They are 10mm thread.  About $70 per pair.  I have yet to find anything bright enough or tough enough to do better.  I also have a T7 Rally tail tidy coming with 10mm signal mounting holes.

@SociallyStunted

I ended up going with these, they seem to flex pretty good, and at this price what have I got to lose

Oh well no, link.

Search Amazon for:

4PCS Motorcycle Turn Signals Led Light Flowing Motorcycle Indicators Bllinkers Daytime Running Lights Brake Lights 12v for Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Quad Cruiser Off Road

Although I don't think I will use the brake light in the rear, I thought when the brakes are on and the turn signal it looked like it was washed out the distinctiveness of the turn signal.

1 hour ago, UtahJack said:

@SociallyStunted

I ended up going with these, they seem to flex pretty good, and at this price what have I got to lose

Oh well no, link.

Search Amazon for:

4PCS Motorcycle Turn Signals Led Light Flowing Motorcycle Indicators Bllinkers Daytime Running Lights Brake Lights 12v for Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Quad Cruiser Off Road

Although I don't think I will use the brake light in the rear, I thought when the brakes are on and the turn signal it looked like it was washed out the distinctiveness of the turn signal.

Do you have pictures of them installed? How bright are the DRL?? 

I 'd be happy with just clear covers on the stock blinkers. I think  the super tenere has LEDs. 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, SociallyStunted said:

Look at Tuff-Lites by Extreme Dual-Sport.  American made, noticeable enough for daytime, and as tough as they come.  I've beat the hell outa mine on my DR790.  So they were my first choice for my (still waiting) T7.  They are 10mm thread.  About $70 per pair.  I have yet to find anything bright enough or tough enough to do better.  I also have a T7 Rally tail tidy coming with 10mm signal mounting holes.

Things are fookin trash for the money. Wiring is not quality, they aren’t bright, and they aren’t durable. I mean maybe they’re durable in the sense that they don’t break at the stalk but I was terribly unimpressed. They always flooded and fogged  and several LEDs burned out. 

12 o clock labs is now making an animated signal that is much better and brighter. 

Edited by BMRT7
  • Like 1

I'm considering the following led turn signals, cheap as chips and look pretty good, I do prefer the minimalist look.

The smaller of the two choices needs adaptors, I've already ordered off eBay. Apparently MT07 adaptor fits, fingers crossed 

Screenshot_20200725-150823.png

Screenshot_20200725-150941.png

Screenshot_20200725-150953.png

Screenshot_20200725-151034.png

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 11:58 AM, Flyinbrianbmx said:

I just ordered a couple things with them so the shipping didn't bother me but I understand the frustration. If it makes you feel better the same site has indicator adapters that 100% make you life so easy, they come with the butt splice female ends and the indicators I linked above come with the male ends already attached.

I was really happy when I found that out, no soldering completely plug and play.

idk if that's a common thing in the ADV bike world, but my last bike was 100% a pain in my ass. This one was like a breath of fresh air!

IMG_9954.JPG

Holy shet, that is a beautiful pic. Can I steal and use it for something forum related in the future? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Holy shet, that is a beautiful pic. Can I steal and use it for something forum related in the future? 

Quite stunning, would make a nice photo cover 💯🌄🏍️💨

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Absolutely ♥️! Thank you for the kind words! 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 7:19 AM, UtahJack said:

s-l1600.jpg

Pricey as these oem blinker "plus" units are, I quickly got over that $ting once they were mounted & fully functional. 

Extra running lights all round bright enough to provide aux night lighting up front. Rears are brighter than the main tail lamp plus add extra brake lights. All HIGHLY visible in any daytime conditions.

Don't believe they're DOT approved here in Canada, as the running lights remain on during signaling, but that's the least of my concerns.

Stupidly expensive? yes. Amazing lighting? absolutely the best I've seen. 

Finger crossed I just don't go peeling any of them off, which looks highly unlikely with their positioning on the camel ADV  tail tidy. Stout & yet flexibly mounted too. Recommend if you can stand the initial $ting.

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, Flyinbrianbmx said:

I bought these! good luck on your choice!

blinker-stealth2-indicator-flasher-indy-

LED indicator Stealth II Yamaha Tenere 700 - The LED indicator Stealth is now avaible in the even smaller Stealth II version! Sharp 'Stealth' look with clear lens design. Cover glass clear, LED glow i

Bought the same, with the adapters. Did you just plug the wires in and leave them be, or did you heat the plastic sheath, or tape it with electrical tape? Thanks!

On 7/25/2020 at 6:16 AM, Cruizin said:

Amazing picture so well done for that, stunning clarity and colour! 10/10 buddy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matth said:

E0C9F06C-C727-4EA6-86C6-FA5BE2A11882.png

Thank you Matth for the quick response. I really like this kit but I was hoping the dealers here in the states would have it. It's a bit pricey with the conversion and shipping. 

I guess I am waiting for Yamaha to get their act together.

ymeh07890020_yamaha.png

MSP is Europe’s most popular online parts supplier, buy new Yamaha manufactured LED BLINKER SET ARROW BLACK from MSP, worldwide shipping using DHL

I have ordered quite a few things form these guys for my KTM's and the T7-Good service and good prices. SOme stuff cheaper than I could source it in the US even including the shipping, like KTM OEM exhaust is one example. O2 sensors is another.

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Scoobyru00 said:

Thank you Matth for the quick response. I really like this kit but I was hoping the dealers here in the states would have it. It's a bit pricey with the conversion and shipping. 

I guess I am waiting for Yamaha to get their act together.

No worries 

i believe they are not specific to the T7 , they were the ones fitted to my rally version, what have your yamaha dealers said?

On 1/14/2021 at 3:46 AM, Matth said:

No worries 

i believe they are not specific to the T7 , they were the ones fitted to my rally version, what have your yamaha dealers said?

It seems like all oem parts are on backorder at the moment. I'm in no rush so I'm just going to wait it out.