Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Center stand, well sort of...

Canzvt

So I kind of wanted my T7 to be light(er) than my other bikes, and didn't want to burden it with unnecessary stuff. So, I elected NOT to fit a center stand. But as we all know they are extremely handy for many things. So, I built this instead. Functions as a center stand for maintenance and a roller stand for moving it around that shop. This one is custom fitted to the Outback skid plate, but others could be easily accommodated. Downside, is that you can't use it while changing oil.

Cheers,

Roller Center stand.jpg

• Like 5

I think I have Yamaha disease...

3 hours ago, Canzvt said:

So I kind of wanted my T7 to be light(er) than my other bikes, and didn't want to burden it with unnecessary stuff. So, I elected NOT to fit a center stand. But as we all know they are extremely handy for many things. So, I built this instead. Functions as a center stand for maintenance and a roller stand for moving it around that shop. This one is custom fitted to the Outback skid plate, but others could be easily accommodated. Downside, is that you can't use it while changing oil.

Cheers,

Roller Center stand.jpg

That's very nice, I'm thinking of getting an enduro stand and reinforcing it if it is not man enough... They are rated for 150kg bike... 👍 

Screenshot_20200706-191647.jpg

150 kg rating might be a little bit light weight...150 kgs = 330 lbs. I'm sure our bikes are at LEAST 100 lbs more.

That being said, lets look at the potential failure points of the enduro stand. At first look, I would say the rollers, then probably the shaft, then probably the lever arm bending, then the lever pivot. If you can reinforce all of them, you should be good to go. My bigger concern would be tip over resistance based upon the footprint width.

I have one of these for my dirt bikes. Worked for the T7, but was REALLY unstable.

If you want drawings or dxf files for laser cutting of the one I made, let me know.

Moose Stand.JPG

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

1 minute ago, Canzvt said:

150 kg rating might be a little bit light weight...150 kgs = 330 lbs. I'm sure our bikes are at LEAST 100 lbs more.

That being said, lets look at the potential failure points of the enduro stand. At first look, I would say the rollers, then probably the shaft, then probably the lever arm bending, then the lever pivot. If you can reinforce all of them, you should be good to go. My bigger concern would be tip over resistance based upon the footprint width.

I have one of these for my dirt bikes. Worked for the T7, but was REALLY unstable.

If you want drawings or dxf files for laser cutting of the one I made, let me know.

Moose Stand.JPG

Thank you for the offer of the drawings... When I'm ready I'll message you... I've got other plans at the moment and this is not a priority.. 👍

Aleks