Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New off road gold wheels. What do you think?

Rich TT

Bike looks great...those gold rims are part of the Tenere look!   Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 2

damn for a sake I thought I was looking at a dakar rally styled GS :P...in a good way LOL...

those look sexy man,

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bth2 said:

loving those rims.now on my to have list. talon hubs next?? 🙂

Rally Raid billet hubs available soon, 

• Like 5

Rich they look amazing man.. Can't wait to see it in person... ABS Rings for your supermoto conversion are already cut and waiting for you 😎😜🤣

Aleks 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ktmmitch said:

I like the sound of that...will they have their own cush drive...? Cheers Steve 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Rich they look amazing man.. Can't wait to see it in person... ABS Rings for your supermoto conversion are already cut and waiting for you 😎😜🤣

Aleks 

You're a star. It will be happening. The gold looks soooo good in the flesh I might lace them up to gold Supermoto rims. Maybe....Or black ones with red  wheel stripes...🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ktmmitch said:

Hope they're not cheaper than the Yamaha ones I just bought off you😆😆😆. I'm guessing not but they'll be proper factory....Loved the ones I saw when I visited for the Africa twin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Escape said:

I like the sound of that...will they have their own cush drive...? Cheers Steve 

No, designed to work with OEM Cush drive and rubbers

• Like 5

So had the first run out on the T7 with the new wheels and Kendas. Perfect conditions... . Been raining for 4 days, sloppy mud on top of hard pack and wet roads on brand new knobblies 🤦‍♂️😆.

Delighted overall. Took some fast lanes and some muddy rutty stuff. Hard conditions as the grass was growing over the muddy ruts and you couldn't really see where they were. But to be fair, would have been tough on my KTM 525.

Just felt great. On the road in the wet you can spin and slide the rear at will. Was doing it at 50MPH. Great fun. All very controllable though and only when you want to. Off road it's so balanced. It's amazing at a snails pace when you need to be stood up. Not sure I've ever ridden a bike that feels like you could just stand up without moving, perfectly balanced.  Amazing. And on the fast stuff off road, it was so much fun. Just eggs you on going faster and faster. Sliding, driving and all in control.

Big shout out to @Ktmmitch. Fantastic job from John and the boys at Rally Raid.

Awesome job and over the moon.

Rich

IMG_20200710_075840.jpg

IMG_20200710_075851.jpg

• Like 3

looks awesome!!!! 

• Like 1

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

57 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

IMG_20200710_074605.jpg

Dirty Tina... 🤣🤣... Looks great and I bet it was fun as well. 

Aleks 

Bike looks great...and goes well by the sound of it! Great stuff!  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Dirty Tina... 🤣🤣... Looks great and I bet it was fun as well. 

Aleks 

She likes it dirty!

• Haha 1

Love that look. I was just talking to my wife about gold rims on my T7! Looks so good. Reminds me of 89 XT600! Red and white with gold rims.

Resized_20200614_140537.jpg

• Like 3

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

1 hour ago, helipilotxtz700 said:

Love that look. I was just talking to my wife about gold rims on my T7! Looks so good. Reminds me of 89 XT600! Red and white with gold rims.

Resized_20200614_140537.jpg

That's one of the reasons I had them gold. Wanted to replicate the classic Yamaha's of old.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Here is my other Beauty!

20190711_131705.jpg

• Like 2