Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec ?

roy826

Anyone been successful ordering anything there? I couldn't order a tail rack tuesday so I emailed them. Got a quick reply saying Peter or Dan would be in contact with me later. Well it is friday and no such contact. Their new website is terrible cannot add anything to the cart without errors. I really wanted the all black tail rack and maybe the skid plate but kind of second guessing this and giving them any money at this point.

I know they have been working on web sit and having some issues. I did email them on 6/24 and received a reply from Patrick on 7/01. He said he shipped what he had which was just side racks and tail tidy. No word on when to expect the rest.  My original order was placed early June if that helps. You’ll probably get a response, but not timely.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I ordered a set of engine bars 2 weeks ago and they just arrived 2 days ago!

They may not have your stuff in stock and are just trying to keep you at bay while they're waiting for it to arrive. Sucks but sometimes that's how it is 😕

I ordered crash bars and they took roughly 2 weeks to arrive. I'll admit that they could have had slightly better communication, but overall it went smoothly. I know they have struggled a bit to keep inventory up thanks to Covid so cut them a little slack. They have a solid reputation and I can't imagine they would jeopardize that now. 

For what it's worth, I'm extremely happy with what I've bought from them. Just like the actual process to obtain one of these bikes, it's an exercise in patience.

• Like 1

I ordered a rear rack and pannier racks to be shipped to me in Thailand, well the rear rack is for a tenere 700 but the pannier racks are for a CRF450L ! So after the wait and paying nearly £150 in import duty and taxes I’ve got half the stuff I wanted and half of it for a bike I don’t own 😡 and to top it all can’t get hold of anybody at the company 🤔 tried email, doesn’t work! Tried telephone just a recorded message! Raised a support ticket (to be answered within 24hrs) their having a laugh !

Once this is sorted (god knows how long it’ll take) then I won’t be using them again 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

I have tried to order from them multiple times. No response and I can’t ask any questions… Definitely not using them.

Same boat, ordered in June, quite few things from their racks, tool tubes, skid plate etc.. Order went through, all paid for. Haven't heard anything since, when I placed the order I mentioned a trip for July 18th and they said they will squeeze me in for the first batch to try and make it. I've tried calling, e-mailing, getting in touch on social media, and nothing, no one answers the phone, responds to voicemails, or has an answer. I should have just kept the OM Rear rack and gone with other options

They aren't replying to me either.  I have rear rack and luggage plates ordered since beginning of june.

I had written them as well to ask a question about the crash bars and placing an order and have yet to get a response. Not going to take a chance on giving them my money after not hearing from them, and people on here waiting for months and not getting their stuff nor any communication. 

Interesting that on Sunday their web site indicated that they have (1) rear top rack in stock in the color I ordered.

So I sent an email to see when I’ll be receiving the one I ordered, still waiting for a reply. I get that things are screwed up but it’s been over a month with no communication from them.

I just ordered some stuff from Rally Raid and upon check out it indicated that two items were out of stock, a week later a package shows up and everything was there amazing.

• Like 1

Just got an email from them. I'll post it here so you all have some sort of idea of what's going on since it sounds many of you are not getting any response from them and have orders out that have no idea what's going on with AS. 

"We've been running our business for the last 9 years on one system and then swapped to a new one last SUnday - for everything
We are having a tough time getting on top of it. With the phone ringing constantly with people demanding we do things for them that we couldn't we had to stop the phones to allow us to on top of things.

We shipped £40k worth of parts in that last week. 
We sent out hundreds of Tenere parts last week
Its been really very very challenging.
So. 
We are very much in business and every day send out a lot of parts and get this system a little more under control.
We are currently mostly sold out of Tenere parts but will have more at the end of the month. Our site is showing items as in stock that are not here, but in production. It is a feature of the stock management that was not explained to us fully by our software providers and we are working on development to show the due date of manufacturing orders rather than just - in stock.

If you order the parts and it says they're in stock it means they will be delivered when oour next batch arrives at the end of the month
I hope this makes things a little clearer."

• Thanks 1

That’s good to see they’re still operating. I really like the AS rear rack and want one for my T7 (when I actually HAVE a T7) 

49 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Just got an email from them. I'll post it here so you all have some sort of idea of what's going on since it sounds many of you are not getting any response from them and have orders out that have no idea what's going on with AS. 

"We've been running our business for the last 9 years on one system and then swapped to a new one last SUnday - for everything
We are having a tough time getting on top of it. With the phone ringing constantly with people demanding we do things for them that we couldn't we had to stop the phones to allow us to on top of things.

We shipped £40k worth of parts in that last week. 
We sent out hundreds of Tenere parts last week
Its been really very very challenging.
So. 
We are very much in business and every day send out a lot of parts and get this system a little more under control.
We are currently mostly sold out of Tenere parts but will have more at the end of the month. Our site is showing items as in stock that are not here, but in production. It is a feature of the stock management that was not explained to us fully by our software providers and we are working on development to show the due date of manufacturing orders rather than just - in stock.

If you order the parts and it says they're in stock it means they will be delivered when oour next batch arrives at the end of the month
I hope this makes things a little clearer."

They've been singing the "will have more at the end of the month tune" for a long while now. Stopping phones and communication will just create a bigger backlog vs help get on top of things, they should also have launched the new website during the off-season for most of the globe, like Christmas/winter, vs when everyone got their T7s and peak season. 

They make great stuff, I wear their apparel, and watch their videos, though they have been in business long enough to understand supply/demand, communication, and customer retention

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

They've been singing the "will have more at the end of the month tune" for a long while now. Stopping phones and communication will ...

Couldnt agree more. I will support any business as long as they have good communication. Let me know what's up with my order. Answer questions. Cutting off any and all forms of communication and customer service makes me nt trust the company. It took almost 2 months of endless emails to just get the bolts that didnt get shopped with my Triple Clamp engine gaurds and as a result, Il never order form that company again. Not because there was an error with my order, but because of the lack of customer service or even concern as to if their customer is taken care of. 

Makes me suspect of A.S. from what Ive read on here.  

I ordered adventure spec,  crash bars, skid plate and black rear rack. Took about 3 weeks to receive my order and when i got it it was wrong they shipped out the crash bars, skid plate and the side mounts for bags, i emailed them multiple times to get it fixed to multiple different emails cause all my emails were not delivered it took me about 4 days to get in contact with someone to get my order fixed had to message them through Instagram.  They finally got back to me and were pretty unapologetic about their mistake  they have sent out a rear rack that im still waiting on. Hopefully it will be shipped today.  

Im happy so far even with the headache because there stuff is very nice and high quality. And according to the federal trade commission laws i got a free set of side racks for my troubles.  

😁

If you want quality stuff and understand that you will have to deal with some headaches id definitely order from them. 

They definitely have some work to do in the customer service area.  

20200706_205827.jpg

Adventurespec are great products, with the recent North American Tenere deliveries. I'm sure that being overwhelmed with a new systems is the issue. Sending multiple e-mails and phone calls is adding to the problem. 🤔

• Moderators

Yeah I am waiting on their crash bars currently. Luckily I have this forum to let me know I won't have them until August. Don't mind me, I am just going to slip into the lighter is better team for my big rides this month. Fingers crossed I don't mash up the bike too hard.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

When you’ve paid out your hard earned money and the dealer has got your order wrong then “you’ll have to wait coz we’re busy” doesn’t really swing it for me, that’d be the icing on the cake but being as I can’t get any communication back from them at all then I think there having been in business for 9 years doesn’t really mean anything! You survive or fall on customer satisfaction!!!!

Oh but they did manage to put 3 posts on You Tube the other day while not answering the phone 🤬

Ordered mine six days ago and arrived in Australia.

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg

• Like 1

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

12 minutes ago, JiXX said:

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg

I’ve been trying to call them but can’t get through, they will endeavour to answer all support tickets within 24 hours 🤔 I’ve been waiting 3 days now and still nothing from them 🤬

Sorry to hear that Gazk7.

• Like 1

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

20 hours ago, JiXX said:

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Luggage plates look good, I’m waiting for them and a blue rear rack.

• Like 1

I have made exchange of Mongolia pants due to wrong size (my foult), it took around 10 days, all together with shipping, to have them back two days ago. So AS is alive, just give them some credit, C19 and new www/shop system combined are giving them a hard time. And yes, around the peak of the season is probably not a best time for system upgrades... 🤔 And yes, it shouldn't be your problem, you pay you demand - but again, AS is with us for a long time already and they proved to be trustworthy company - so have same empathy and be patient... 😎

• Like 1

XRV750 / DRZ400S / G650X / 2T 200EXC / ADV990R / TIGER800XCE690R / TE510 / T700

Photos and movies: https://sites.google.com/view/lorsolek

I finally had a message from them last night and to be honest they’ve been straight to the point with no argument and will refund me any extra duty I have to pay on the correct pannier racks, just got to wait until they have stock (approx 3 weeks) then they’ll ship out to me so in approx 5 weeks or so I may have my pannier racks.

Must mention Chris Colling from AS he has been brilliant to deal with once they got in touch 🙏🏻

/RANT

Order/Paid for a Blue Engine Guard June 21. Then the new web site debacle during early July.

For a while I could still log in and see my order on the old site. The old site had a note stating that all unshipped orders were being CANCELED and to log into the new site to reorder. Problem is I couldn't log into the new site with the same credentials and the price of the engine guard had now gone up +$37 from when I ordered in June 21st. Then eventually the old site domain/link stopped working around 4-6 July.

My original log in credentials didn't work on the new site. So I emailed them directly about my logging in. I didn't want to create a new log in, as I still had an order pending. I cut them a little slack and didn't hound them while they tried to get the new site up and running correctly. This email never got responded to.

When the new site was stable, I opened a customer service ticket after I re-created an account on their new web site. I told them about my open/paid order from the old site, I created a new account on the new site, ETA and status inquiry on my June 21 order, the price increase on the engine guard if I had to reorder then engine guard on the new site +$37 more.

I INCLUDED my pending order number in the ticket subject, posted order # in body of the support ticket, and attached a screen shot of my June 21 order from their old site, when I still had access. Got an automated response to the support ticket and it said someone would get back to me. No one got to me about the support ticket...

I email responded to the automated response (as it requested) to my customer service ticket. I stated at how disappointed I was with their lack of response to my questions and order inquiries. I get a response eventually blaming all the issues with them trying to get the new site up. Some more excuses.... They ask me to follow up with my order number so that they can look up on it.

I respond back that my order number was in the email subject, in the body of the email of the support ticket, and that I attached a picture of my order with the support ticket. Pretty obvious they never read the support ticket and just cut and pasted a response to the email.

I waited a few more days with no response. I replied to the support ticket email again and attached a copy of the same picture of the screen shot of my June 21 order.

I get my 2nd official response, stating that the engine guard is in production. That my original June 21 order/payment is still valid at the original paid price. They are two weeks out on the engine guards production in the UK, then an additional week to ship to the US. So maybe 3 more weeks out before they get to ship my engine guard to me. Around Aug 7th?

I'm really disappointed with their lack of US Customer Support Rep (Pete & Dave) response. Multiple emails (spaced out nearly a week each) ignored or not responded to. I had to keep (nicely) responding to the support ticket email to get two responses.

\RANT

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 2