Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

700 Tenere Traction Pegs $99

Camel ADV

Ordered. Thanks!

• Like 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

How do these compare to stock for length?  Is there a lowered or rear-set option available for us big footed apes?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
15 hours ago, Too Tall said:

How do these compare to stock for length?  Is there a lowered or rear-set option available for us big footed apes?

There are in the stock position I do think the peg mount on the frame can be flipped though. That would give you lower and farther back.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

7 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

There are in the stock position I do think the peg mount on the frame can be flipped though. That would give you lower and farther back.

Can anyone confirm that the peg mount can be "flipped" or switched side-to-side to obtain a lower and farther back position for the stock size pegs?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Too Tall said:

Can anyone confirm that the peg mount can be "flipped" or switched side-to-side to obtain a lower and farther back position for the stock size pegs?

Keen to hear about this as well

• Like 1

Switching the peg mount from  side-to-side does not accomplish this as it's the same part number for both sides. 

I don't think "flipping" the peg mount over will work as Camel ADV suggests.  It may lower the stock peg but I believe it would move it forward and not back as desired.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my T7 and simply in the accumulating farkle stage.

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, Camel ADV said:

We finally have Traction Pegs for the T7 in stock!

The Traction Pegs are 6061 billet aluminum with stainless steel cleats. They have far more bite than the factory pegs are are much stronger too! A smoking deal too, $89!

I'll get some pics of them actually install on the T7 shortly.

(Stock photo, the T7 mounts are slightly different).

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-tenere-700-traction-footpegs

IMG_4727.jpeg

From your website  Size: 3.4" x 2.5". Is the 3.4" an overall length measurement from the mount or just the footpeg surface itself? Thanks!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, CAJW said:

From your website  Size: 3.4" x 2.5". Is the 3.4" an overall length measurement from the mount or just the footpeg surface itself? Thanks!

Surface size.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Too Tall said:

Switching the peg mount from  side-to-side does not accomplish this as it's the same part number for both sides. 

I don't think "flipping" the peg mount over will work as Camel ADV suggests.  It may lower the stock peg but I believe it would move it forward and not back as desired.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my T7 and simply in the accumulating farkle stage.

True.  If you flip the mount ( no need to swap sides) it will lower and move forward like 1/2"

J

• Moderators

Wow! Sold out in less than 72 hours. That'll teach me not to think, just act!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Mine have shipped already.  Just need a bike to show up now. LOL

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Mine have shipped already.  Just need a bike to show up now. LOL

Guess I shouldn't whine too much, I don't have a T700 yet either! angry mickey mouse GIF

11 minutes ago, CAJW said:

Guess I shouldn't whine too much, I don't have a T700 yet either! angry mickey mouse GIF

Good things come to those who wait👍

• Like 1

Cory can you setup the site to allow backorders? I want to lock myself in for a set as soon as they are available.

Damn you and your great parts always taking my money! 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/13/2020 at 9:53 PM, CAJW said:

Wow! Sold out in less than 72 hours. That'll teach me not to think, just act!

Not exactly...

The final sample pegs I checked fit well. For some reason or another, the production version ended up with more material in the bottom corner than the sample units. The extra material was contacting the lower bolt on the peg mount and not allowing the peg to fold down all the way. I caught the issue but not before some kits shipped unfortunately. I've emailed those people to get them squared away.

I spent the night on the mill to get the pegs properly clearanced. They are good to go now, ordering on the site is turned back on.

IMG_4515.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Got the email notification and there goes another $100. Thanks for taking care of us like always Cory!

You guys better not sleep on these. They are just a bit wider, but not stupid obnoxious which is exactly what I've been looking for. And the price is magnificent too!

Apparently I'm turning into a total Camel ADV fanboy...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Cory. Pegs and tail tidy ordered, but can you help a brother out with finding a T700? The Mrs. is starting to wonder what I'm going to put this pile of parts on!

• 2 weeks later...

It’s like Christmas in July up in the Mikey household... thanks Cory. I’m really impressed with the quality of not only the product but how it was shipped. 

can’t wait to get them on the bike!

image.thumb.jpg.215ed63de74cb91e3fedb4c421dbf23e.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Cory! I'm already feeling the difference in my sole. 😉 The bling enhancement didn't go unnoticed either, the wife likes em' too.

20200727_124038.jpg

• Like 5

Just ordered a set.

After riding all weekend I knew what needed to be done. 🙂

• 3 months later...