Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

700 Tenere Traction Pegs $99

Camel ADV

Can anyone please post a comparison picture with the OEM ones? Thanks

Where to source them in EU?

• Moderators

@cosmic. Here's a comparison picture for you, but since I'm in the states I can't help with a source in the EU. Cory at Camel Adv is great to work with, so might get in touch with him directly for sourcing in your neck of the woods. Great pegs at a great price.  

20220721_212316.jpg.dd30b6f1668d488697de35ddedddb81e.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 4 weeks later...

I've been slowly loosing a couple of the foot peg teeth inserts. I had 3 missing on the right side and one on the left side, so I ordered some foot peg tooth insert replacements.

Just letting you know that the Tusk Billet Race Foot Pegs Replacement Tooth Kit are compatible with the Camel traction pegs. It also came with a tool for installation.

I prefer running these machined peg teeth. I didn't want to put a bunch of set screws on the pegs, that other manufacturers put on their pegs.

tus_16_bil_rac_foo_peg_rep_too_kit.jpg

I found two more of the peg teeth inserts were loose on the foot pegs, I was able to remove one with my finger and replaced that one too, as I didn't have a correct tool small enough to tighten it up properly. I used a pliers to tightened the other one up, as I wasn't able to remove with my finger. The Camel peg teeth didn't look like they had thread locker applied.

i5vkCLw.jpg

Edited by REDHORSECA

3 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

I've been slowly loosing a couple of the foot peg teeth inserts. I had 3 missing on the right side and one on the left side, so I ordered some foot peg tooth insert replacements.

Just letting you know that the Tusk Billet Race Foot Pegs Replacement Tooth Kit are compatible with the Camel traction pegs. It also came with a tool for installation.

I prefer running these machined peg teeth. I didn't want to put a bunch of set screws on the pegs, that other manufacturers put on their pegs.

tus_16_bil_rac_foo_peg_rep_too_kit.jpg

I found two more of the peg teeth inserts were loose on the foot pegs, I was able to remove one with my finger and replaced that one too, as I didn't have a correct tool small enough to tighten it up properly. I used a pliers to tightened the other one up, as I wasn't able to remove with my finger. The Camel peg teeth didn't look like they had thread locker applied.

i5vkCLw.jpg

Hmm, that's pretty disappointing, I'm about to install mine tomorrow.

2 hours ago, beater_bimmer said:

Hmm, that's pretty disappointing, I'm about to install mine tomorrow.

Just Loctite the teeth in.

12 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

Just Loctite the teeth in.

I will but @Camel ADV should have done that from the start?  Possibly good feedback for them...

• Supporting Vendor
23 hours ago, beater_bimmer said:

I will but @Camel ADV should have done that from the start?  Possibly good feedback for them...

It's simply a matter of time (and money). The pegs arrive to our shop assembled and packed. If we have to unpack them, removed three dozen cheats, loctite, reinstall and repack them, it will mean we have to charge more for them. They are intended to be a quality peg option at a great price. We've given the same feedback to our supplier in the past but we haven't seen a change yet.

• Like 4

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 12/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, beater_bimmer said:

You joking ? Go buy a tube of loctite +4mm or 5/32 socket and your all set.

Edited by Limey
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Limey said:

You joking ? Go buy a tube of loctite +4mm or 5/32 socket and your all set.

I will do that for sure.  Am I joking about the feedback to Camel? No. 

Key feature of product failing after short use with a known fix.  Worth others knowing this.  Had I known I'd have purchased a one-piece solution. That's all I'm saying.

• Supporting Vendor
4 minutes ago, beater_bimmer said:

I will do that for sure.  Am I joking about the feedback to Camel? No. 

Key feature of product failing after short use with a known fix.  Worth others knowing this.  Had I known I'd have purchased a one-piece solution. That's all I'm saying.

It hasn't been a wide spread issue, in fact I can count on one hand the number of emails or forum comments I've seen about loose cleats. To make sure customers are covered, all the pegs kits come with 4 spare cleats.

All of that been said, if you're not happy with the purchase, I can send you a UPS shipping label and you can return them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

I’m not unhappy at all. I simply wanted to ensure you saw the feedback. That’s all. 

I am loctiting mine in and they’re great. We appreciate the spare cleats!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so how much larger than the stock pegs are they? In the picture, they look about the same length, but a little wider.

2 hours ago, mr. projekt said:

so how much larger than the stock pegs are they? In the picture, they look about the same length, but a little wider.

They are pretty much the same size as the original, just better grip.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Are you guys still using the springs that came off of the original pigs? Didn’t seem like they really fit so I went without but now my pedals just flop around when I lift my foot up.

13 hours ago, Digginit2 said:

Are you guys still using the springs that came off of the original pigs? Didn’t seem like they really fit so I went without but now my pedals just flop around when I lift my foot up.

I am using the original springs.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

23 hours ago, Digginit2 said:

Did you do anything to modify them to make them work? When I put it in there it did nothing for me.

Not that I remember. 

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 7/22/2022 at 12:15 AM, Digginit2 said:

I'm also using the T7 OEM springs with my Camel ADV footpegs (bought the pegs used and they didn't come with other springs). The springs fit fine, but are weak enough that occasionally when lifting a foot the peg comes up with it.

I've been meaning to ask Camel if they'd sell me just a pair of their stronger springs that I believe are supposed to come with their T7 footpegs.