Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sw Motech rear tail rack

roy826

Anyone have one? if so what do you like or not like about it?

I am considering this as an option since the Adventure Spec one is not available and neither is the Mototek Outback model.

I am only wanting it to put my 1 gal rotopax can on when I need extended range.

The SW Motech version

gpt_06_799_19000_4_xl.jpg

First class quality, innovative design, always reliable - numerous uses with the ADVENTURE-RACK for Yamaha Ténéré 700 (19-).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, roy826 said:

Anyone have one? if so what do you like or not like about it?

I am considering this as an option since the Adventure Spec one is not available and neither is the Mototek Outback model.

I am only wanting it to put my 1 gal rotopax can on when I need extended range.

The SW Motech version

gpt_06_799_19000_4_xl.jpg

First class quality, innovative design, always reliable - numerous uses with the ADVENTURE-RACK for Yamaha Ténéré 700 (19-).

funn you asked as another member just posted in another thread for bags while using the SW-Motech rack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnygolucky said:

If you're ever on the internet, go onto a website called Tenere700.net. In the upper right corner there is a search bar for that forum. Type in "motech rack" and you'll get a whole list of people talking about that rack that's related to your specific question. 

Oh wait, you're on the internet and on that website. 

Good luck. 

aaaand there is always THAT guy  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I really like mine, had it on the bike for 8 months now, multiple tie down points for whatever bag I put on there and even has the lugs ready to mount Givi fixings if you want to put a top box on it.

One word of warning, if you have the Yamaha seat rack then they clash and will have to modify the rack on the Yamaha seat 😀

IMG_6651.thumb.JPEG.71118a9ed11341465e164a159ecb9a78.JPEG

IMG_6654.thumb.JPEG.3bfcbb7f36f8ccbcb93ef6e0912fe9ce.JPEG

• Like 1

I am buying that too. Can the side mounts be used as grab handles for lifting, pillion holding etc? From the pictures I've seen it looks like there is very little space between the seat and the mounts on the sides.

Thanks 

I have this rack and it is solid and works well. Not enough room to me as a grab for lifting especially for me due to the SW Mounts I have for my removable pro side carriers. I use the grab point under the fender for lifting. I also have the SW Motech Center Stand which also works very well.

Photo below shows both rack and carrier mount. I love the rack along with the quick disconnect carrier system. I have hard and soft luggage and works great with both.

1392453931_swrack.thumb.jpg.c0f79dcf7035d65426a89864a30a9982.jpg

I ordered the SW Motech rack this morning. Best one for my needs that I've come across. Ordered it directly from them, free shipping and no state tax for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have it, like it a lot! 

I’ve just mounted sysbag as well. It’s wider than I expected but still feels light, like it either genre way more than Ali cases. With 350drybag on top will be more than enough.  

AF532C93-34B5-4EFA-8DEA-1D702BD88198.jpeg

B045D048-D078-4478-8955-60166B5DF13F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have also instaled the sw rear rack and although too long for my taste (there is nothing available atm that completelly satisfies me) it basically looks and seems to work ok.

The coating finish is over the top. 10/10.

Fitting is not as precise as I would like but ok.

The plate seems to have two mounting positions, furter back or further front.

Problem is, on the more forward position the rally seat gets blocked, no possibility of removing it.

Overall I like it.

There is hardly any space to fit your hand and use it as a grab handle between the two mounting bolts, but you can grab it between the rear mounting point and the plate.

Total weight is around 4kg.

IMG_20200822_221700068-01.jpeg

IMG_20200822_223757491-01.jpeg

IMG_20200822_223734237-01.jpeg

• Like 1

I really like mine, it does exactly what I need it to do, tote my tube/tool bag on it.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:12 PM, LuceT7 said:

Have it, like it a lot! 

I’ve just mounted sysbag as well. It’s wider than I expected but still feels light, like it either genre way more than Ali cases. With 350drybag on top will be more than enough.  

AF532C93-34B5-4EFA-8DEA-1D702BD88198.jpeg

B045D048-D078-4478-8955-60166B5DF13F.jpeg

hey, how do you like those side tail bags also? I'm about to do the same setup. have you dropped the bike? I'm wondering how they hold up! Also do you think it's possible to use the side bags without a rear rack, haven't seen it done yet so I'm just wondering from someone that has already bought them.

Edited by Flyinbrianbmx

I put the Givi Monokey adapter on the rack and snapped on my Givi V46 top case. 

IMG_20200812_070055.jpg

IMG_20200812_065941.jpg

Edited by Gekkdroid
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, Flyinbrianbmx said:

hey, how do you like those side tail bags also? I'm about to do the same setup. have you dropped the bike? I'm wondering how they hold up! Also do you think it's possible to use the side bags without a rear rack, haven't seen it done yet so I'm just wondering from someone that has already bought them.

Hey, 

Sorry for late response, you've probably already got them 😄 I didn't have chance to drop the bike with those so it's hard to tell. Yes, those can be mounted without rear rack. In terms of my general impression, I love them! Got big drybag mounted on a rear rack, those two side bags are perfect for smaller stuff that you simply want to have easy access to.