Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Morning all

Dougie

Hi all. Dougie from wales. Been waiting for the t7 for years like the rest of you. Was about to close a deal in the middle of finishing my house when they bring out the new colours on the rally’s. The thing is, I want to have it looking as close as possible to my ‘86 1vj in white and red. Childish I know, when people are having proper issues out there.  Gold rims are a must and they aren’t available yet as spares. Do you guys think the next colours will go along the lines of white and red speedblock next season, or do I get a rallye and buy some second hand plastics to paint after? Even with dealers busting to clear their 2019-20 stock, it still works out better to buy a rallye with the extras I wanted already fitted. Sorry to go on. Not had brekky yet. 
hope the US lads get their machines soon. 
dougie

078FA6C9-188C-4627-8752-7D2CEEB6EFBE.png

• Like 2

Hello dougie 

gold wheels are now available on the Rally Raid website

ive ordered the new rally Edition just waiting for it to arrive 

Nice one. Bet you can’t wait. They’ll look awesome. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum Dougie, great looking bike you have there. As @ChrisB said there are Excel gold wheels available from one of the vendors here, with a narrower 2.5 inch rear tire for better offroad performance and tire options. If I were in your shoes I would grab the red and white bike, and avoid all the OEM farkles that come on the new Rally edition and source it all yourself. There are some low cost speedblock decals that bring the old styling cues into the new era. 

p15.thumb.jpeg.7de6addfca8b065ed4ea96c51b820a22.jpeg

https://crispydesigns.co.uk/collections/yamaha

Modell_Yamaha_T700_spirit_white_concept-1030x585.thumb.jpg.e5a9e8003610edd6c28843e343736b81.jpg

https://rubberdust.com/yamaha-t700-tenere/

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

3 hours ago, Dougie said:

Hi all. Dougie from wales. Been waiting for the t7 for years like the rest of you. Was about to close a deal in the middle of finishing my house when they bring out the new colours on the rally’s. The thing is, I want to have it looking as close as possible to my ‘86 1vj in white and red. Childish I know, when people are having proper issues out there.  Gold rims are a must and they aren’t available yet as spares. Do you guys think the next colours will go along the lines of white and red speedblock next season, or do I get a rallye and buy some second hand plastics to paint after? Even with dealers busting to clear their 2019-20 stock, it still works out better to buy a rallye with the extras I wanted already fitted. Sorry to go on. Not had brekky yet. 
hope the US lads get their machines soon. 
dougie

078FA6C9-188C-4627-8752-7D2CEEB6EFBE.png

Nice bike, points for looking after it & welcome to the t7 fever

4 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Welcome to the forum Dougie, great looking bike you have there. As @ChrisB said there are Excel gold wheels available from one of the vendors here, with a narrower 2.5 inch rear tire for better offroad performance and tire options. If I were in your shoes I would grab the red and white bike, and avoid all the OEM farkles that come on the new Rally edition and source it all yourself. There are some low cost speedblock decals that bring the old styling cues into the new era. 

p15.thumb.jpeg.7de6addfca8b065ed4ea96c51b820a22.jpeg

https://crispydesigns.co.uk/collections/yamaha

Modell_Yamaha_T700_spirit_white_concept-1030x585.thumb.jpg.e5a9e8003610edd6c28843e343736b81.jpg

https://rubberdust.com/yamaha-t700-tenere/

I’m with you there. Think I’ve seen rubberdust before. That looks great. Hmmm. Love the high fender too, although may make it a bit wobbly on motorways.? Add gold rims to that and I’d be almost there. Hogs heaven. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matth said:

Looks fab dougie.

Thanks mate. A lot of hard work and money I didn’t have(or tell the missus about)😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Dougie

Welcome to the mad house.

I like you, like the speedblock design.

Rubberdust is working on some great designs, but I have a whole different problem, I have the North American version of the Brilliant White and Red the problem is the red is completely different from the European version, granted I do like the NA version better, but all the neat designs like from Rubberdust don't match.

So just like for the bike itself we will be waiting to catch up with the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, UtahJack said:

@Dougie

Welcome to the mad house.

I like you, like the speedblock design.

Rubberdust is working on some great designs, but I have a whole different problem, I have the North American version of the Brilliant White and Red the problem is the red is completely different from the European version, granted I do like the NA version better, but all the neat designs like from Rubberdust don't match.

So just like for the bike itself we will be waiting to catch up with the rest of the world.

I’m still holding on to hope, someone will actually make the larger tank. Rubberdust mentions it but we’ll see if it goes anywhere. When it’s all done and dusted I’m sure we’ll all have a finished project. I tested it last year and it’s a very good starting point. I don’t need 150mph, or 300kg, hate too much tech too. and this thing is near perfect. Once I have it, it’s permanent. Can’t wait to tour.