Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tusk rear rack

KinneyKat

Has anyone installed the Rocky Mountain ATV, Tusk rear rack? The pictures on the website are lacking some detail. Maybe  someone has installed and could provide some pictures? Curious on how it is mounted.

• Like 2

I’m also interested in this. Might call their customer service Monday morning and see if they can get me pictures or a diagram. 

I chatted with RMATVMC customer service this morning. They don't have any pictures of the top rack mounted on the T7. HOWEVER while I was poking around looking at other things on their site I noticed they have a pannier rack setup for the T7 which has pictures of it mounted. Low and behold the top case rack IS mounted with the pannier rack system. So while they don't have pictures of JUST the top case rack, they do have two pictures that show the top case rack and mounting. 

tus_21_pan_rac_wth_top_rac-1450200118-2.

tus_21_pan_rac_wth_top_rac-1450200118.jp

• Like 2

After lots of thought and looking at pictures side by side with the Adventure Spec rack I decided to order the Tusk rear rack (just the rear rack). It may arrive before my bike does. I'll do a big write up with pictures in the PROPER SECTION (you're welcome @Cruizin 😛) when it AND my bike arrive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, Baggey22 said:

After lots of thought and looking at pictures side by side with the Adventure Spec rack I decided to order the Tusk rear rack (just the rear rack). It may arrive before my bike does. I'll do a big write up with pictures in the PROPER SECTION (you're welcome @Cruizin 😛) when it AND my bike arrive. 

Did you get the rack in yet? I'm about to pull the trigger on one only because it is the only sensibly priced rack out there. Don't see how other companies are asking $200 for a tiny rack...

6 hours ago, tj3089 said:

Did you get the rack in yet? I'm about to pull the trigger on one only because it is the only sensibly priced rack out there. Don't see how other companies are asking $200 for a tiny rack...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have looked all over RM's site, trying to find this.  I can't even find the T7 listed in the "Find parts for your machine" drop down .

Have they discontinued them?

1 hour ago, Larry710 said:

I have looked all over RM's site, trying to find this.  I can't even find the T7 listed in the "Find parts for your machine" drop down .

Have they discontinued them?

tus_16_top_rac-1580370001.jpg

The Tusk Top Rack is perfect for all your adventure motorcycling needs. If you have a Dual Sport Motorcycle and need to haul a little extra gear, but don’t require a Pannier Rack system, the...

2 hours ago, Baggey22 said:
tus_16_top_rac-1580370001.jpg

The Tusk Top Rack is perfect for all your adventure motorcycling needs. If you have a Dual Sport Motorcycle and need to haul a little extra gear, but don’t require a Pannier Rack system, the...

When I click on this link you provided, I am required to "Select type, year, make and model " the only yamaha I can select is a WR250R, Tenere is not a option!
I am also wanting to get the pannier rack too (that is shown in the picture of that link)

1 hour ago, Larry710 said:

When I click on this link you provided, I am required to "Select type, year, make and model " the only yamaha I can select is a WR250R, Tenere is not a option!
I am also wanting to get the pannier rack too (that is shown in the picture of that link)

Search part number 1450200118. That’ll be top rack and pannier racks. 

6C9CC9D6-E4B4-46BB-A015-D4F1C3E98297.png

Edited by Baggey22

Also realizing Larry, if you’re not from the USA and potentially have a 2019 or 2020 you HAVE to search 2021 for T7 on RMATVMC.  

8 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

Also realizing Larry, if you’re not from the USA and potentially have a 2019 or 2020 you HAVE to search 2021 for T7 on RMATVMC.  

Yup... that was it.

2021 is showing me what i want

Thanks 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if the exhaust is protected in case of a fall with this rack.
Any experience?

• Like 1

No exhaust protection with the standard rack. The integrated pannier one probably would protect the exhaust however. Did notice the rack and bars weigh 5 lbs. and the spacers are also heavy. Wish they had made it out of aluminium.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used the Tusk pannier rack with a tail tidy? Was there any clearance issues? What tail tidy did you use?

If the only attachment points are the 4 visible ones then i believe the rack will break at the rear mounting points.

• 3 months later...

I’ve ordered the Tusk rear rack and pannier rack from RMATV.  $170 is just worth a look.  Anyone reported any real negative results with the Tusk rear racks?  It does look  like the right side will protect the exhaust, which I’m looking for.  And 5 pounds isn’t exactly feather weight.   I’ll live with both for the exhaust protection, especially at that price.  

I scoured the interwebs for all of the rear/top racks available. The only one I liked is made by Outback Motortek. He's asking $285 (free shipping)... OUCH! Was having a hard time rationalizing that. Luckily I came across someone selling a very gently used one on ADV Rider. Agreed on a shipped price and Bam, here it is. Very happy with this particular bit, as I only typically use a large tank bag and a large dry bag down the tail when I travel.

Edit: The things I like most about this particular rear/top rack are:

1. The surface area, it has more than most. My dry bag is big!

2. I really like the fact that it sits low behind the rear seat, almost flush. Other racks seem to have a significant rise in them.

3. The round grab bars are a very welcome addition; For passengers, moving the bike around and tying down on Joe Hauler!

Who doesn't love a nice rack?!

20210325_170249.jpg

20210331_164048.jpg

Edited by JohnnieBoy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, NvNick said:

I went with Dirt Racks myself.

how do you like the dirt racks?  Did they go on easy?  What luggage are you using?  I'm considering dirt racks over Tusk pannier racks.  I do like the Tusk olympus soft luggage

I only have the rear rack but am quite happy with it and i have Kriega OS with 18 ltr soft bags. 1 gal Rotopax  and the rsta of my gear goes on the back and ties down well with Rok Straps. Installation of the rack is very easy, price cannot be beat and it was at my home in a few days from ordering.