Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Headlight Protector...you want the best don’t you?

Ride & Shine

Hi All, I know what you want, what you really, really want….from a headlight protector:
1. Real protection
2. Easy to fit (see instruction grab below)
3. Easy to remove and clean
4. Lightweight
5. Quality materials
6. Free……I mean fairly priced!

I’ve just fitted the one below made by a firm here in Australia. They have literally just this week produced the first batch so they don’t yet appear on their website http://amhp.com.au/.

First impressions? Great quality and superbly finished…I’m talking edges here. Not the sharp, rough unfinished type you sometimes get on plastic products. I’m talking rounded off and smooth. Flick me any questions you may have on this no brainer.

IMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1132.jpg

IMAG1131.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ride & Shine said:

Hi All, I know what you want, what you really, really want….from a headlight protector:
1. Real protection
2. Easy to fit (see instruction grab below)
3. Easy to remove and clean
4. Lightweight
5. Quality materials
6. Free……I mean fairly priced!

I’ve just fitted the one below made by a firm here in Australia. They have literally just this week produced the first batch so they don’t yet appear on their website http://amhp.com.au/.

First impressions? Great quality and superbly finished…I’m talking edges here. Not the sharp, rough unfinished type you sometimes get on plastic products. I’m talking rounded off and smooth. Flick me any questions you may have on this no brainer.

IMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1132.jpg

IMAG1131.jpg

I like what you done there

small pet-peeve of mine tho, maybe change those round disc to rectangular style and run them along the side so it doesn't look so....poki-dot~ish? LOL

Hey Hog....you know what, you're right. That would look a lot tidier, wish i'd thought to do that from the off! However with our Australian extreme dust, heat, wet climate I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the chance to rectify that pretty soon. Thanks for the observation and positive recommendation which is always appreciated and taken on board..:-)
I reckon those cowards on forums that crawl out from under stones just to ridicule and offer nothing more should probably just stay under their stones where they no doubt spend most of their lives!

• Haha 2

I have a similar item on my WRR which has worked great over the years. Several rocks have hit and bounced off it even taking a couple small chunks out saving the expensive headlight housing. I like the black Velcro at each corner myself. It’s never come off either which has surprised me over the years. 

A4FF24F6-74DC-442C-981B-AFF1CCB9521E.thumb.jpeg.0524f2b006c81565168923ca9e00183a.jpeg

Like it! Plus rectangular strips in "black" it is for version 2.0...

The problem with black strips is they could interfere with the lighting.. I’ve seen a few WRR guys do strips and comment about it. Having the dots at the corners doesn’t. I think the black dots work better then the clear ones. 

Just perfect!

What's better this company is only 10 mins from my place, I'm dropping in to pick mine up this Friday.

😉

I have never understood why everybody puts on one of these. They always get full of dust anyways. In 200,000 miles of riding I’ve never needed one… Or is it just me?

1 hour ago, Bucket Boy said:

I have never understood why everybody puts on one of these. They always get full of dust anyways. In 200,000 miles of riding I’ve never needed one… Or is it just me?

That’s awesome for you. 👍🏻 However, the second you need to replace your headlight you’d wished you’d had one. I’ve had rocks take a couple chips outta the protector I have on my WRR from guys up front and at least once from a rock coming back off a truck. At $300 bucks to replace it the $20 I paid for the guard has more then paid off. 

Last couple  years I’ve been buying / selling and parting out WRRs which is what actually paid for my Tenere 700. 😆 The headlight housings sell fast because someone’s always having a rock hit it or they run into a tree or their ex smashed it with a baseball bat... 😂 Yup sold one for that exact reason. 😆

I think the amph ones are priced perhaps a bit high but most items are today. They are still much less then a new one. 👍🏻