Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Full CF Fairings

beater_bimmer

Anyone tried these yet? https://www.perfect-fairings.com/?s=&ymm_search=1&post_type=product&_make=YAMAHA&_model=Tenere+700&_year=2020

I'm not seriously considering but curious about the quality if other's have? I kinda want to change my White/Red to the black version.

Edited by beater_bimmer

• Premium Member

Weight savings would be my guess, plus pretty cool. 
But I'm wondering how durable these would be in case of a tip-over.  CF is fairly tough, but can be brittle. 

I do wonder what the weight savings would be. 

Tazmool

The plastic on this bike is really light. Not cheap, but it's plastic nonetheless. I'd say the weight savings would be grams. For the money, a new pipe would cut the weight in half from the stock and you'd still have money left over for a new custom seat and suspension upgrades. 

Perhaps Im too practical and not cool. Maybe I need to work on my swagger. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

$1,300 is a lot of hard earned to rectify an initial schoolboy error of pulling the trigger on a red one instead of the killer black...:-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I'm right there with you!

I've dropped about 100 lbs from my max weight already, been in the maintenance phase for a few years now, can't imagine dropping more than 10-15lbs more 😉

Tazmool

3 hours ago, Tazmool said:

I've dropped about 100 lbs from my max weight already,

Good for you brother!!! You gotta feel like a new man. 

• Premium Member

It was a huge change, to both lifestyle and feeling much better.  It also opened up a bunch of things (hobbies) I could not do before. 
One surprising thing was that when I was nearing 300lbs, I thought the weight would squat the bike and make the reach to the ground easier, but it turned out, when I lost the weight, the reach to the ground got much easier (far lesspadding) and I could flat-foot bikes that I could not before (like my old B-King) 

Tazmool

• 5 months later...

I have the fiberglass version of their fairing. Main advantage is you can repair fg fairing very easily. 

If you crash the stock pieces they are $250+, so $150 for a full set is worth it. The gel coat is Shet, so repaint or put sticker kit.