Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adv Spec bash plate married to Akra headers...it's tight!

Ride & Shine

Hi All,
I went with the Adv Spec bash plate which has proved itself capable and just recently fitted the de-cated Akrapvovic headers. As you can see from the pics it's not a marriage made in heaven but it works..just! I've had to bend the upper lip of the bash plate out a bit to create approx 5 - 7 mm of space between them. I'm not a hardcore rider and doubt I ever will be however with this bikes forgiving and encouraging nature off road my confidence is growing with every ride. For now I can live with it but may end up having to sway out another plate in the future as I push my limits. BTW any pics of Akra headers married to other aftermarket plates would be appreciated for mine and i'm sure others future reference. Thanks

IMAG1140.jpg

IMAG1139.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The full decatted Akra system sounds really nice, loads of YT vids on it if you want take it further. Plus Muffler saves I reckon 4 kilos with the decatted heads saving about the same in weight. 8Kgs in all however I'm not going down the rabbit hole of "do they add more horses?" Oh no not getting sucked into that one...:-)