Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Annoying Clutch cover

Dominic

So i have watched a million YouTube vids and read a load of high tech reviews and almost nobody has talked in depth about how annoying the clutch cover is.........Am i alone on this or is it a common gripe on the T7..? 

Do you get used to it...? Do bigger footpegs sort out the problem..?

• Like 1

Was a bit annoying at  first but don't really notice it anymore.

• Like 1

I find it very annoying, worst thing about the bike for me.. Could make me sell the bike, maybe. 

What’s actually the issue with your cover?

ive put bigger pegs on so im guessing your boots rub the cover or forces your legs wider?

the nice thing with the T7 is in an undeniably a very capable bike and its a blank canvas so you can turn it into what ever you like to make it work perfectly for you.

Ok so i have had and ridden many road and off road bikes.....this one is a very capable bike but my left leg falls uninterrupted onto the peg my right is constantly rubbing against the clutch cover....... never had this on any other bike ever....it is really annoying especially as how good the rest is.

If you read my post you will see i am asking if anyone else has had this problem and if there are solutions such as bigger pegs.....

Take it off. I removed mine when I put my R&G covers on.

DF0CEBD7-F2C0-4FF6-B19B-F6D6A659E9CB.jpeg

Edited by DWEL700
  • Like 4

I removed mine the day I received the bike and after the first ride. I haven't thought about it since.🙂

• Like 2

I started thinking about it today as I was riding, and thought that it didn't really bother me at all.  My leg barely touches the cover.  I put on wider Moose Racing pegs and that helps keep your leg even further away from the cover. 

• Like 1

Mine quickly found the 'parts that will never go back on' bin.  The triple clamp case covers are cut short to accommodate the silly thing & I can actually feel the engine heat through the boot. Come cooler temps it may even be a welcome warmer. 

I never really noticed it as being in the way, I don't know if the fact I  put PivotPegs on right away had anything to do with that or not.

I did notice it on a hot long ride as creating a warm spot. So I took it off at coated the inside with metal tape and no more warm spot.

• Like 1

I have only noticed it sporadically with in the boot pants, seemed to catch my boot. Today with over boot pants never noticed it once, also I have r&g covers coming and it will get removed when they are installed

• Like 1

I think people might be fixating on it. I wear Gaerne sg12 boots and have never noticed it. I think it is like a pimple; when you know it's there you keep picking at it. 

• Haha 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I ride with size 10 and never do i touch the cover. Ypu maybe riding with you feet too far forward?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matth said:

I ride with size 10 and never do i touch the cover. Ypu maybe riding with you feet too far forward?

Depending on the riding i am doing depends on how my foot is on the pegs....in every position i still find the thing annoying.

I haven't even noticed it. But maybe that's because I have a size 14 Forma boot, got wide T7 Rally pegs and am hung like a horse. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

On 8/8/2020 at 10:32 PM, DWEL700 said:

Take it off. I removed mine when I put my R&G covers on.

DF0CEBD7-F2C0-4FF6-B19B-F6D6A659E9CB.jpeg

So did I, but still bothers me.. Wider pegs and rear brake enlarger may help.. 

• 4 months later...

It bothered me when I first rode it. For a week or so. Then ignored it. 

Yesterday I got back from a wee ride in the heat and found I'd melted the side zip on my boot and stuffed them. All low speed trails and standing on the pegs. Guess I'll be investigating a heat shield once I've had my boots fixed

IMG-20201214-WA0016.jpeg

I find it annoying and my leg is brushing against it every now and then. But nothing that could reduce my great love for the bike. I just move my right leg a few mm and resume my broad grin inside the helmet...

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, jojitsu56 said:

So did I, but still bothers me.. Wider pegs and rear brake enlarger may help.. 

I find the exhaust heat shield hitting my heel way more annoying. I  ride on the balls of my feet with toes in and don’t even notice the clutch cover

• 2 years later...

I noticed it at first, but once I replaced the pegs with larger and wider pegs I no longer notice it. Like Richarddd above, I do notice the heat shield on the pipe some when on the balls of my feet, but not in a way that changes anything.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:14 PM, Rider 101 said:

Just ride the bloody thing and stop whinging 🤣

This ^^^

I haven't noticed a problem either.  Not sure what the issue is.  

• Like 1