Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SW Motech EVO Micro Tankbag and EVO Tank ring

Raindog

Bought the SW Motech EVO Micro Tank Bag and EVO Tank ring for my T7. Installation of the tank ring was very easy and the instructions was easy to follow. 2 screws with some Locktite was all that was needed.

DSC_0378_s.thumb.JPG.f3dd6ec5484c8e3bffe7417782cda0d7.JPG 

With the tank bag mounted

DSC_0381_s.thumb.JPG.9fa021cb764a4617fd7d1881732d2b37.JPG

The tank ring lift the tank bag up from the tank

DSC_0380_s.thumb.JPG.48f7946714ea46cdb2b8230595fd74f2.JPG

There is a handle attached to the front of the tank bag that looks like it could get pinched between the tankbag and the handlebar. I haven't had a problem with it, so i'm not sure it is a problem at all.

DSC_0382_s.thumb.JPG.c5926e086e1b6122a44c1cfc79918405.JPG

All in all I like this setup. The tankbag is lifted up from the tank, and it is just big enough to put the phone, charger, sunglasses and some other small things that is nice to have accessible. The tankbag also came with a rain cover.

• Like 4

The PRO series should be released in the US later this year.  I'm holding out for the Pro Trial or Pro City bags.   Glad to see Raindog posting the EVO tank ring profiles and Micro on the Tenere.  

Thanks Raindog for the post. I’ve been looking at either a tank bag or rear rack and a tail bag.  Good to see the pics and how it mounts. I’m just looking for a bit of storage. I’m just a dirt biker. This Tenre and all the options is all new to me.  Loving the bike.