Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bajaworx Windscreen

AZJW

• Moderators

We all seem to have different requirements for a comfortable ride with reduced buffeting from the windscreen, which often seems to be an elusive animal. The OEM windscreen drove me nuts at any speed above 45mph so I just took it off. Great air flow (smooth), but no protection and it left the backside of the dash exposed.   I had an old Bajaworx windscreen lying around that I had tried on my Beta so I tried it on the T7. Good results and when I removed the visor from my AFX AF-41DS helmet, results went to great. I can now hear my Sena at 55 mph and have a little better protection than the OEM windscreen, but best of all,, basically no buffeting.

The application is for a KTM Enduro, which comes in white or clear.  The exact year model I got seems to be a mystery,  but if someone is interested,  I'll try and find out the details.  For comparison,  I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam, average length torso.

1597286428047_20200727_142333.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The stock windscreen I feel isn't bad. I wouldn't want to ride across country with it, but for enduro and squirrelling around I like it a lot. 

I got the T7Rally windscreen adjuster wondering if it would help for HWY speeds. Figured it was cheap so just take a chance. Absolutely brilliant and simple piece of kit. Works even better than I had ever hoped for. The windshield slides up and when drive on the freeway at 70, the wind goes completely over the top of my head. Twist the knobs and down comes the windshield for when hitting dirt. Of all the stuff I bought so far for the 700, that hands down was the best product for dollar spent. 

https://t7rally.com/shop/ols/products/t7-tenere-700-screen-adjuster-kit

Edited by johnnygolucky

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

The stock windscreen I eel isn't bad. I wouldn't want to ride across country with it, but for enduro and squirrelling around I like it a lot. 

I got the T7Rally windscreen adjuster wondering if it would help for HWY speeds. Figured it was cheap so just take a chance. Absolutely brilliant and simple piece of kit. Works even better than I had ever hoped for. The windshield slides up and when drive on the freeway at 70, the wind goes completely over the top of my head. Twist the knobs and down comes the windshield for when hitting dirt. Of all the stuff I bought so far for the 700, that hands down was the best product for dollar spent. 

https://t7rally.com/shop/ols/products/t7-tenere-700-screen-adjuster-kit

Good to hear. I've had one on order since July 6th.....

HelplessObviousLeveret-mobile.jpg

Watch and share Angry GIFs by Reactions on Gfycat

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

4 minutes ago, CAJW said:

Good to hear. I've had one on order since July 6th....

Yeah. Zero communication and the run around when you do ask what's going on with your order. But if/when you finally do get it he makes really great stuff. His rally pegs are legit.