Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SW MOTECH Pro City Tank Bag

SHIFT87

Interesting looks like the only attachment points are the front 2 screws the back 2 just buffers against the tank? Hows Gas cap removal? 

Oh sweet!   I am waiting for the City or the Trial to become available in the US so I'm happy to see you posted some pictures.  Looks like the mount is all the way forward.  Do you have full lock for the steering without any tank bag interference?  Any issues with bouncing?

I'd love to hear what your overall impressions of the bag and magnetic mount are.  It's not going to be available here until December. 

6 hours ago, Fiddyone said:

Interesting looks like the only attachment points are the front 2 screws the back 2 just buffers against the tank? Hows Gas cap removal? 

Exactly ! For the Gas cap, just open the trap, turn the key, and all the cap will be remove.

5 hours ago, rhicks said:

Oh sweet!   I am waiting for the City or the Trial to become available in the US so I'm happy to see you posted some pictures.  Looks like the mount is all the way forward.  Do you have full lock for the steering without any tank bag interference?  Any issues with bouncing?

I'd love to hear what your overall impressions of the bag and magnetic mount are.  It's not going to be available here until December. 

Hi ! I haven't noticed any particular problem yet with steering and rebounds.

The magnetic support is really good, easy to mount on the bike and on the bag.

I think the City bag is big enough, I'm afraid that trial is way too big...

3 hours ago, DT675 said:

I like that. Would it hold up off road? 

Yes, no problem !

Edited by SHIFT87

I was looking at a YouTube review of these the other day, looks a great bag, only concern I have is how much weight you can put in it as its only attached by 2 bolts at the front and then just rest on rubber pads at the back. 

1 hour ago, Alf Meister said:

I was looking at a YouTube review of these the other day, looks a great bag, only concern I have is how much weight you can put in it as its only attached by 2 bolts at the front and then just rest on rubber pads at the back. 

Yes, will see. If something appen I will tell you back

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also curious about your experience with the City.

I am going back and forth between this and the DayPack.

Does anybody know if it would be possible for the Tenere to get the Evo Electric ?