Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

GPS, which connector

Per Christensen

Question

Hi

Can anybody tell me the name or provide a picture of the 2 PIN connector in the right side for connecting my Garmin Zumo XT ?

• Like 1

https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Tenere_700/4CS/4cs.html

Look about halfway down the page for the Power Leads for Aux Light Connector (DIY aux lights etc)

I bought one of these. When you plug it into either side of the existing 3 connector, the Yellow is +/the Black is -/the blue is a + Ignition Trigger wire. The yellow IS ALWAYS HOT, the Blue is ONLY hot at start up.

I used the 3 wire connector on the right side and ran the black/yellow to my Montana700 mount and used the blue trigger wire for my PDM60 Power block I installed. You can use either the blue or yellow to get the 12V to the mount. Just tape off the other wire if you don't use it.

Edited by Firebolter

In all the threads I've been reading about wiring in a GPS, i don't see why you cant use an automotive plug into the accessories (cig) port?  The gps is well under amperage for it to run through that.  What am I missing, why not?  

I just got a Zumo XT and am now looking into mounting and wiring. So far i think I’m going to get the rally raid clamp for the GPS bar and wire it into one of the accessories connectors unless i can use the accessory port already on the bike. 

23 minutes ago, Clax said:

super helpful.

and does anyone have a link for the 3 way connectors... ali, amazon or ebay?

thanx

Clay 

this looks like an amazon canada one...

wait that link looks Russian!

how about these... look like the right ones??

C$ 16.20  9%OFF | 20 Set Sumitomo MT Sealed Style 2.2 Series 3 Position Female And Male Automotive Connector 6187-3231 6180-3241

• Haha 1