Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Aftermarket turn signal installation question

Seventh Son

Question

I have asked @johnnygolucky the same question in another thread since he has the same aftermarket turn signals, but figured I would ask in a new thread in case anyone else has input or suggestions. 

I haven't removed the side covers off my T7 yet, so I don't know what the OEM turn signal connections look like, but here is a pic of the new signals I want to install.  Each turn signal has a red, black and brown wire coming off of it, all with bullet connectors.  Also shown are two little units with black and red wires with bullet connectors.  I'm not sure if these separate relays for each turn signal and whether I need them.  These aftermarket signals have a daytime running feature to them.  When the signals are not in use, the fronts remain white and the rear ones remain red. 

Finally, to the left is a LED flasher relay I bought on Amazon as well as some Yamaha OEM turn signal connectors that I bought online.  These each have a black, white and red wire coming from them.  Not sure if these are helpful or needed when connecting either front or rear aftermarket signals.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to offer some guidance.  Much appreciated. 

Front turn signals.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alsoran said:

I have a NA Tenere and will be replacing the signals. In addition I wan't to deactivate the front running lights. 

I've found a wire kit that will plug into the OEM connection for the turn signals. My question is, will a two (2) wire connector work with the OEM three (3) wire connector without issue? Or will I need to buy a 3-wire connector and cap off the running light connection? If in need to cap off the running lights connection what is the best way to do that with the exposed wire?

Thanks in advance.

Most aftermarket turn signals are two wire. Aftermarket connectors with pigtails are available 2 or 3 wire. Connect to OEM harness black and brown / green depending on left or right side. Blue is for front running light. 
If  the connector has 3 wires then tape off or heat shrink the unused blue pigtail.