Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How to adjust headlights - video

mpb1

Remove the 4mm screws from the clear side panels of the windscreen and tip them up at the front then pull them forward to remove.  You do not need to remove the torx/8mm faring fasteners.

I used a 17mm 12pt socket and a driver, it takes many turns to make a small difference.  The knobs are metal, so take care if you care about marking them.

See the video for adjustment, but the left is the left bulbs, and the right is the right bulbs.  I thought one would be for brights and one for low-beams, but couldn't "see" them moving when turning slowly by hand.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks. Have been riding to and from work in the dark last couple of weeks and need to adjust mine especially high beam.

I do not think the high beam specifically is adjustable.  Maybe they adjust together but the left and right adjustments are for the left and right bulbs, which overlap significantly.  Both sides have to be adjusted to keep the beam sharp.