Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mods to my 700 (Tail tidy, rear rack, blinkers and...)

Firebolter

Picked up my bike Saturday. Did some of the mods this week end. I got rid of the pumpkin blinkers and added some Yamie bullet LED's. They are bright! Added my AS rack. Fits really well and there is plenty of room to remove/install the seat and it fits perfectly! Put on the R&G tail tidy. Super easy install and looks great, hardest part is just removing all of the bolts. All you re-use is the tail light mount/bracket.

I watched 2-3 tail tidy video's and basically they all are very similar. With the R&G, you do not re-use any of the stock plastic pieces nor do you need to cut anything. The R&G comes with a little yamie adapter for the tag light, so no cutting, splicing or soldering needed. Plug and play. The Yamie blinkers come with the resistors for proper flash rate and the connectors for plug and play.

Lastly, I added my HPCorse can and a booster plug. I use a booster plug on my Ducati 800 Desert Sled and it works great. While it is NOT as good as going to a dyno and getting a custom tune, it is a good, cheap easy way to add some fuel and make the bike run alot better than stock. Makes it a little crispier and rev's a little cleaner, like how it cleans up the throttle response. I also like I can unplug it and be 100% stock if I need to go in for any dealer work or recalls.

Love all the room under the seat. That will make installing the PDM really easy and lots of space.

AXP skid plate next. I have a few more goodies like anti bobble head, GPS mount, PDM60, barkbusters and a few other smaller items!

50582828388_012cfe0ba0_k.jpg

50583687612_aa379c7e01_k.jpg

50582787318_80b0781f68_k.jpg

50583527831_9dd1c9fc2a_k.jpg

50583527646_3a6810238f_k.jpg

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShayC5 said:

Who did you buy the rear rack from?

*Puts on Sherlock Holmes hat* I believe that's Adventure Spec 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOMMY_TENNY said:

*Puts on Sherlock Holmes hat* I believe that's Adventure Spec 👍

Yup, Adventure Spec! 

Such a nice day, I added my Fastway ADV pegs. They fit good but don't rotate up as much as they should. I will need to relieve the peg a little where it hits the frame mount bolt when it rides up. No biggie. These were for a 2018 450 yami, mounted normal height and level.

50584206186_3bf0e26106_k.jpg

50583465353_3e6f90341e_k.jpg

Edited by Firebolter