Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Camel ADV

T7 Camel Toe Kick-Stand *Coming Soon!*

Camel ADV

We've had a bunch of requests for a Camel Toe replacement kick stand for the T7. People have be asking for shorter versions for lowered bikes and longer versions for bikes with taller aftermarket suspension... and some people simply want a stronger than OEM standard length version.

We're just finishing our testing and will have them available soon! 

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

• Like 8

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

MGG

Any chance of making this adjustable ? ... so the lower foot would simply be welded to a bolt that threads in or out depending on preference ? 

Edit: ... Also, ... is it possible to be able to pivot the bike on the foot ? ... like doing 180deg rotation in tight spaces, where the bike is balancing on the tip of the foot ... 

... I would assume that the foot/tip needs to be reinforced for this to be possible.

Edited by MGG
added pivot request ...

Firebolter

Please include a new beefy spring! the stock one is kinda week and lets the stand flop under hard landings. Nice job, can't wait to get a stronger standard size! Being able to pivot turn is huge! I sent your link/website info to my Africa Twin buds and I know one from Rising Sun MD bought one!

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

Camel ADV
On 11/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, Firebolter said:

Please include a new beefy spring! the stock one is kinda week and lets the stand flop under hard landings. Nice job, can't wait to get a stronger standard size! Being able to pivot turn is huge! I sent your link/website info to my Africa Twin buds and I know one from Rising Sun MD bought one!

On 11/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, MGG said:

Any chance of making this adjustable ? ... so the lower foot would simply be welded to a bolt that threads in or out depending on preference ? 

Edit: ... Also, ... is it possible to be able to pivot the bike on the foot ? ... like doing 180deg rotation in tight spaces, where the bike is balancing on the tip of the foot ... 

... I would assume that the foot/tip needs to be reinforced for this to be possible.

We're testing it with a higher rate springs... that stock one is terrible. The one we have on our shop bike now was made with a 50% higher spring rate. We're still fine tuning though.

No issues at all with doing pivot turns on the side stand... it's plenty beefy. 

I would LOVE to have one side stand that would work for everyone: stock bikes, lowered ones, raised ones but it's a challenge. Making it adjustable and strong without being very heavy, complicated or looking terrible is a tough one. I've seen a few for other bikes that simply have a threaded rod welded at the bottom and the foot threads in. Functional, yes, but I just can't get past the look of them. Also, we can't powdercoat them as it plugs up the threads. I haven't given up on the idea just yet though.

62759246074__02ED016C-6436-4093-8944-E2B94C3B26A3.jpeg

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

POLISHADAM82

possibly group buy?

• Like 1

AZJW
On 11/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, POLISHADAM82 said:

possibly group buy?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes