Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Moving headlight

Crosskabouter

The headlights are fixed together with the dashboard on the bike but not static to the frame.

The whole is vibrating a lot, especially during off-road. I find this rather anoying

Does anyone found a good solution for this?

I googled “Tenere 700 3D print” and found this free printable dash/headlight stabilizer. Works really well. 17AD52EC-4A52-41C3-A7DC-5723D6C74C48.thumb.jpeg.0a7896e5ccd028f80cc4bcbd6e54983e.jpeg

2CFD060C-CECA-4E15-BF83-EC0AEF9E6665.thumb.jpeg.1498b0e592cb45fc83045746539dbb92.jpeg

There are few people use anti vibration foam

There are people using home made brackets

There are a few people using teddy bears...No shitting...look at the "dead headlight links"

CamelADV has made an antivibration bracket which works well for a lot of folks.

so...choose your poison...

Edited by TimmyTheHog
  • Like 1

Let your tyres down to 27 /30 which really helps apart from that go bobble head, mine has a Garmin XT and lockable mount which is quite heavy and tbh the tyres solved it completely 

The Camel Anti bobble head is awesome. It reinforces the bar as well if you have a GPS, will make the bar more steady / sturdy.

Mike

• Like 3

Another Camel ADV Anti Bobble head fan. Easy install and not too intrusive and works perfectly. 

• Like 2

Just got done installing the Camel ADV setup as well. Great product, fast shipping, and easy to install! 70BF500F-6018-436B-BF1D-1409B8B23F6E.jpeg.2a06f067693010e0b86bf2d5176f5991.jpeg

Weekend fabrication: a set of shaft collars and some leftover bar stock. No more bobblehead!

20201121_165239.jpg

20201121_165251.jpg

Very nice! You have to slide those on the bar then bolt them to the headlight? 

Clever idea!

Mike

On 11/17/2020 at 7:18 PM, Baggey22 said:

I googled “Tenere 700 3D print” and found this free printable dash/headlight stabilizer. Works really well. 17AD52EC-4A52-41C3-A7DC-5723D6C74C48.thumb.jpeg.0a7896e5ccd028f80cc4bcbd6e54983e.jpeg

2CFD060C-CECA-4E15-BF83-EC0AEF9E6665.thumb.jpeg.1498b0e592cb45fc83045746539dbb92.jpeg

Any chance you can find a LINK to the headlight stabilizer for me? The links I follow are all to...’cults3d’, butsaying file no longer exists... thanks, Chris

2 hours ago, zebra said:

Any chance you can find a LINK to the headlight stabilizer for me? The links I follow are all to...’cults3d’, butsaying file no longer exists... thanks, Chris

I just tried to look for the link and it appears that the creator took it down. Which sucks 😕

7 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

I just tried to look for the link and it appears that the creator took it down. Which sucks 😕

Thanks for that, if any else has a copy of the 3D printable file, please do let me know!
cheers, Chris

13 hours ago, zebra said:

Thanks for that, if any else has a copy of the 3D printable file, please do let me know!
cheers, Chris

I’ll email the guy that printed this for me and see if he still has the file saved. If so I can email it to you. 

edit: I now have the file in my email. Send me your email address if you want the zip file. 

Edited by Baggey22
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, zebra said:

Thanks; info@flyingbrick.co.za

much appreciated!
chris

Email sent 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I installed a flux capacitor and now the dash floats separately, slightly above the bike.

Does that fix include speeds below 88 mph? 😉

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 11/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, Baggey22 said:

I’ll email the guy that printed this for me and see if he still has the file saved. If so I can email it to you. 

edit: I now have the file in my email. Send me your email address if you want the zip file. 

can you send me the file please? 

Baggey22; thanks again, I had it printed (3D), it came out very well, expecting it to fit well, will give feedback here in a week or so, much appreciated.

chris

• Like 1