Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Givi tall screen....is tall

Teneresaurus

this thing is way up there. I'm 6'4 and definitely feel buffeting with the stock screen. tried to help it out a bit but this might be too tall for me. the screen cutoff is directly in my line of sight. it does help quiet the wind a bit at 80.

20201120_105248.jpg

I'm 6'2, definitely need something bigger and was thinking about the giving tall, but it does look big. Reminds me of the creature from Aliens. Hmm. Maybe the 5 inch shorter on will work. 

I miss my adjustable screen I had on my s10.

8 minutes ago, jdk2man said:

I'm 6'2, definitely need something bigger and was thinking about the giving tall, but it does look big. Reminds me of the creature from Aliens. Hmm. Maybe the 5 inch shorter on will work. 

I miss my adjustable screen I had on my s10.

https://www.motopumps.com/shop/yamaha-tenere-700-windscreen-adjuster

Advantage tall is you can cut it down for custom height.

Not everyone wants to, but I would in a second.

I'm still trying to get the Givi side reflectors backordered from Twisted Throttle.

When I place my arms at the deflector spot buffetting  reduces for me at 6'.

Plenty of ice and snow in my area now so it will all be spring testing now

• Like 2

I love the tall screen on my GS...until I started Offroad...

That big screen rushed to my face mighty fast when I hit a large pot hole...🤣

• Like 1

I also have this Givi tall screen and at 6'5" found the top edge of the screen right in my line of sight.  Too correct this, I drilled four new holes to lower the screen about an inch with it now just at the top LED headlights.  The actual wind management by the screen is very good.

The screen looks odd due to it's height on an adventure bike but I love the protection it gives on the highway.

I have a tall Seat Concepts comfort seat coming and, after installing it, will decide on the final screen height.  Am still considering the Givi "winglets".

EDIT:  With the tall SC seat, I did raise the screen back to it's original height.  Loving both.

Edited by Too Tall
clarification

3 hours ago, Oldhorse said:

Advantage tall is you can cut it down for custom height.

Not everyone wants to, but I would in a second.

I'm still trying to get the Givi side reflectors backordered from Twisted Throttle.

When I place my arms at the deflector spot buffetting  reduces for me at 6'.

Plenty of ice and snow in my area now so it will all be spring testing now

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Givi side deflectors.

9 hours ago, Osprio said:

Things you can do with a Dremel...

766109894_GiviScreen.thumb.jpg.6f96b2900e00cf52bbe22f0e564a1b09.jpg

I think I'll end up going this route too

• 1 month later...

Givi tall screen its correct for a 181cm person

Taller people better to choose another screen

B2CA4F17-81CA-4DCB-A41F-988AFE0AC284.jpeg

Edited by Discoverete

Tried the Givi but found it way too tall for my comfort.  I wanted more protection than stock but still wanted to be able to see over the top of the windscreen, especially when its raining or when screen has bee obscured by mud, dirt, bugs etc.  I settled on the Puig 3727W  and find its a good fit for me.  Just need to find acceptable cockpit side deflectors...IMG_0337.thumb.jpg.488c9c1f686ce9a467764c3986b7b80b.jpg

yea I'm looking around and it seems to me that 400cm is the tallest screen that these bikes should have.

Going to be honest at 6'4" I have chosen to stay cold/windy rather than the tall screen route - I just can't acclimatise to the look of them

• Like 1

I have the Givi D2145st Yamaha Tenere 700 2021 Windshield for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.  $85 including shipping in CONUS.

I used to own a V Strom 650, the king of wind buffeting. I installed the tallest screen possible, removed mirrors and everything that could cause it- didn’t really help.

The ONE thing that did, was installing a windshield which created a gap between two windshields.

The adjustable windshield didnt have to be at top, just at middle, and the air pocket between the shields eliminated the buffeting nearly 90-95%. Could ride with visor up at way above legal limits.

Looked ugly as hell though, but it was a V Strom, no one ever bought one for the looks- would never do the same to the lovely looking T7.

Hope this helps.

BA6BFBCF-61E7-4649-ACEF-F2C352724299.jpeg

Edited by JayD
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I rode around with the original windscreen for a while, but wanted more protection.

Bought the Givi screen, but here in the Deep South of the US, the roads are not the best, so I did no like having to look through the windscreen in order to keep an eye on the road surface, i.e. looking for potholes..., so then I bought the Puig.

All three screens have their purpose, and it depends on your height, the quality of the road surface and the speed you are riding at. My default screen is the Puig, but the screen is very easy to change, since it is only held in place by four Allen bolts.

three screens - comparison.jpg

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

Edited by orbsurfer
  • Like 5

At 6'3" the only thing that really helped was a lower screen from powerbronze sport. Everything else does not help much, looks ridiculous on this bike and is useless offroad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes, very tall. i'll go buy a dremel tomorrow and chop around 3 inches. prolly also from the sides.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 10:10 AM, Osprio said:

Things you can do with a Dremel...

766109894_GiviScreen.thumb.jpg.6f96b2900e00cf52bbe22f0e564a1b09.jpg

I really like what you did with the Givi Screen. I am revving to do similar. Here is a pic of a mod I did that seems to improve the Givi Tall, and I think curving off the corners and top will make it even better. I notice it does seem to wobble around a bit when following vehicles. It pushes the turbulence well away from my helmet, so I think your mod of rounding off the square corners must be an improvement. Opening the bottom of it a bit like this helps relieve the vacuum behind screen and did not cause more breeze that I notice. Did the curve you cut actually take some height out also?

20210307_184444.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I cut the square corners off the Givi Tall, just like Osprio. I am verry happy with the results. I don't know why Givi felt the need to make the screen so square. The missing corners are not missed and the nice air flow is very acceptable, with little to zero turbulence. I think I could even cut one more inch off the top and still be ok, and not be looking right thru the top edge of screen. For now, will use it as it is, approx the exact heighth of how it came, minus the square corners. I also cut off some of the wings to allow room for mirrors with Barkbusters and 2" Rox risers. Try it, you will like it!!!! 6' 2", 32 inch inseam.

On 11/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, jdk2man said:

Reminds me of the creature from Aliens.

Ha!! Thanks, you made me smile....

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I found vast improvements when I installed the powerbronze side deflectors.  They make all wind screens better.  I have stock, tall Ermax style and the mid size Givi.

Nothing is 100% yet, trying on a clip on deflector to get a bit more data.  I like the Givi for long highway miles as the rain protection is superb but it makes my helmet beak vibrate a bit.  

Hi all this is my first post. I’ve got the power bronze screen 400mm been using it for a few months now I decided to try & stop the helmet buffeting that I was getting with the stock screen & the power bronze, so I got myself the givi clear tall screen with the givi wings. Today I went for a ride & it was quite windy I felt like the wind was causing the screen to affect the front end feeling from time to time anyone else experience this? Also I’m not sure if I like the screen being in my line of sight I’m 6ft tall. I use a klim krois pro helmet I’ve had the peak on and off it to see if this might help but I do not notice much difference. Maybe I need to try the screen on a less windy day. Also do ear plugs help with the overall sensation. Thanks jon