Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best LED blinkers when using OEM tail section ?

Gary Dirt

Looking for LED lighting but my setup has GIVI side racks and with the cross bar I think it would funny with a small tidy tail. Either way I inspected how the OEM rear blinkers are installed and most aftermarket LED use 10mm threaded tubing . OEM have rubber grommet thingies  when removed leave a odd looking hole.. What are others using when keeping the OEM tail section ??

9C60A773-74C7-442D-8149-896A494BDF7F.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am always a fan of plug and play solutions. Cyclops adventure Sports have a T7 Specific kit that you can buy top replace the front or rear blinkers. It comes with the necessary extensions to make it to the connection points, and include black blank plates to fill in the holes left by the previous blinkers. The rear set comes with a Posi-Tap wire to tie into your brake lighting, and the fronts become daytime running lights in a white light which is a bonus. Install is a breeze. No complaints from me, but I would have preferred an integrated fender eliminator brake light/signal light all in one solution - personal preference.

Edit: Here is what the spacer plates look like, which you can source individually if you go another route. 4 for the front, 4 for the back.

Edited by tenerecanada

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

thank you Tenerecanada, I have read something about the dash turn signal indicator not flashing when in use .. Is that an issue with Cyclops kit ?? Also I assume cyclops don't flap around while riding ?? Buddy of mine was going mad looking at my rear blinkers flapping around .. 

Edited by Gary Dirt

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Gary Dirt said:

thank you Tenerecanada, I have read something about the dash turn signal indicator not flashing when in use .. Is that an issue with Cyclops kit ?? Also I assume cyclops don't flap around while riding ?? Buddy of mine was going mad looking at my rear blinkers flapping around .. 

I forgot to include that the kit comes with a new relay, which sorts the resistance in the line to give standard flash rates, and being plug and play kit, the dash indicators work as they should. It is a snug install using the included spacing plates, and they don't bounce at all. Firm but flexible.

I zip-tied the inner portion of my rear blinkers to each other until the replacements arrived, because I too had a buddy giving me grief!

zip.thumb.jpg.0979e8d9448ed8d62fbf0deb40154bc5.jpg

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Just buy the turn signals that You like the most.

You can buy black (or any other color) spacers to these odd holes from Ebay, Amazon, etc.

Examle: 

s-l400.jpg

For YAMAHA XSR 700/900 2016-2018. 8 Pieces Motorcycle Turn Signals Indicator Adapter Spacers. For YAMAHA MT-25 2014-2018. For YAMAHA MT-03 2015-2018. For YAMAHA MT-07 2014-2018. For YAMAHA MT-09 2014-2018.

And remember that mostly all of the aftermarket turn signals have a different connector than what the bike has.

s-l400.jpg

Fits For Yamaha YZF600 R6 YZF-R6. 2Pcs Turn Signal Bezels Clear Lens Cover&Trim Rings For Harley Touring 86-Up US. 2x Mini LED Motorcycle Turn Signal Indicators Front Rear Peg Lamp Blinker Lights. 2x Mini LED Motorcycle Turn Signal Indicator Flasher...

Or You can buy just the connectors, if You are willing to do some soldering. The connector type is "Nippon Tanshi .040"

And then You will need a flasher relay what is meant for led turning signals or some resistors if You use the original relay.

More info here:

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced