Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Swank Rally di Sardegna 2020

4Saken

• 2 weeks later...

What a ride, brother...! My deep respect for sharing, 1000 thanks! All the best, ciao from Austria!

Wow. The last drop at 1.5 mins to go i bet was painful to lift with exhaustion. 

Would be great to know what changes you made to standard.

i can see the tyres, did you change the rim size etc

No, the bike was pretty standard, i've setted the suspension harder but it's not enought, it need to be replace for a use like this.
I mounted mitas e09 dakar, and i will use the c17 in the front next time!!

The last drop in the sand was dramatic haha, if the guy who helped me on the uphill didn't went to help me I don't know how i could lift the bike!! I was completely out of energy.. we are both italian, and he came to me asking "do you speak english?" so i replied "sono italiano" (i'm italian) ..and him.. "ok your are not italian" ..we was both out of energy haha

Edited by 4Saken

The diversity of terrain in the short rally was impressive. Very cool and congrats for finishing! Sand on this heavy bike must be brutal...

On 11/26/2020 at 5:29 PM, 4Saken said:

Hey all, ....

Hi (from Bologna, Italy),

could you tell us which mods you have?

I mean (GPMUCCI, ok) something about exhaust, manifold, map of ECU, etc.

Grazie

No standard he said..

No, the bike was pretty standard, i've setted the suspension harder but it's not enought, it need to be replace for a use like this.

On 12/7/2020 at 12:54 PM, 365moto.eu said:

Hi (from Bologna, Italy),

could you tell us which mods you have?

I mean (GPMUCCI, ok) something about exhaust, manifold, map of ECU, etc.

Grazie

Ciao

This was my first experience in a rally and serius offroading with a big bike, so I didn't know what I really need of tecnical, so I upgraded just the skidplate, the exaust for a reason of "safety"( we know that the original if bended ruins the... wheel links? (forcellone)), removed the passenger footpegs, then I've created a cover for the battery and all the cable with a piece of pvc, in this way I've created more space for tools. I've mounted unbreakable lever, they can rotate. Added the roadbook and all the buttons at the handlebar, that's not a modification, but an add, I had just to create an hole to lock the roadbook command on the handlebar(under the original button of the horn).

I really didn't know what to expect but the bike goes very well, and now i know what I need for the next time, but I really don't have/want to spend thousand of € in suspension upgrade or ecu, I'm not so skilled to need this.. for now I hope! (and I can't afford it haha)

So out of the power upgrade, that depends on how fast are you(but Butturi had a stock t7 and did the absolute best time every time.. also his bike was pretty standard, he had all the rally package and just some mod for the roadbook like me) 

I can tell what it really need for the next time. 

A full offroad front tyre, or similar. larger footpegs, a chain guide(for safety), bigger post brake pedal, disable completely the abs, metal handguards, soft handle (progrip rally), lower screen(already updated with one built by me), and the roadbook mounted on the handlebar. An offroad filter.

In my opinion with this the bike is ready for bigger things, but the suspension need to be upgraded too. For the ecu it's personal, I like how soft the engine is, it forgive errors and permit to maintain a slow pace in very difficult situations(fundamental for me that i'm not so skilled!)

• Like 1

Could you public some photo of "cover for the battery and all the cable with a piece of pvc" ?

Grazie

Bruno

On 11/26/2020 at 5:29 PM, 4Saken said:

Other t7s (they was for yamaha advertise) with softer tyre, all, or almost all, bended the front rim.

Ciao 4Saken, nice video. 👍

I already heard from others, that the T7 rims are not the best quality, but is it that bad?

5 hours ago, Ichnusa said:

Ciao 4Saken, nice video. 👍

I already heard from others, that the T7 rims are not the best quality, but is it that bad?

Don't know for sure, but 2 people bended it, but they was able to continue.. I had no damage at the rims, maybe cause I used the mitas e09 dakar, that are very very hard.. there was a official honda from the 2014 dakar and he bended strongly his front rim, but anyway able to continue until the end!

On 12/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, 365moto.eu said:

Could you public some photo of "cover for the battery and all the cable with a piece of pvc" ?

Grazie

Bruno

Nothing special but it hasa purpose

IMG_20201212_113857_0.jpg

IMG_20201212_113839_6.jpg

Edited by 4Saken