Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

DIY Rally Dash for T7

Lyfe BehindBars

DIY Rally Dash for the T7

I had made something like this for my Tiger and now for my T7.

It's not for everyone but if i made it for mine, it means its for me.

I personally prefer nothing mounted to my bars and everything in my view, my bike is setup for long distance travel.

I have a large tankbag which when loaded is a problem for anything mounted to my bars so this makes perfect sense for me.

Im 6'2" and see well over the dash so it does not block my view in any way and I dont have to look down to see the GPS.

Apart from the GPS, it weighs less than 1lb with the dash and all the extras

Left pushbuttons are:
  • garage door opener
  • override of all lighting systems (bike will still run but no lights)
  • Aux power supply 1
  • Aux power supply 2
  • Spare button

Also hooked up TPMS, Voltage, Heated grips and GPS

Also cures the dash vibration issue

check it out

check it outIMG_7407.thumb.JPG.22f0a560a8da9d7a0a97a5d7b41499d3.JPGEEYV4709.thumb.JPG.a85e09af4f1061affaa8de98f6af056e.JPGDXZT4079.thumb.JPG.ff82065983fcc0ba538bd11584a8f60e.JPGCPCS0122.thumb.JPG.9b4aa3ad1e8200eb13fc26eb8768bda2.JPG
Edited by Lyfe BehindBars
  • Like 8

Coolio. But more interested in this function. Do you have instructions on this one?

"override of all lighting systems (bike will still run but no lights)"

On 11/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, slakdawg said:

Coolio. But more interested in this function. Do you have instructions on this one?

"override of all lighting systems (bike will still run but no lights)"

Regrettably, I did not document this as I was figuring it out as I went, although I can tell you this, I isolated all the lighting circuits after their fuses and added mini relays for each which are then controlled by one switch. Long process.

I also added a disabler so even with a key, everything can power up but the bike will not start; a hidden waterproof switch (our bikes in Canada do not come with an immobiliser key, so this was my attempt at a DIY version).

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 9:06 AM, Alpenschrauber said:

Wow, great!...got some more information, pics from behind etc? Where do you mount the plate? 

This is still a prototype, I am working on a more improved design although I am very happy with the mounting. Very simple, no drilling, and can be removed just as easily. Also solves the dash shake issue. All wires sit behind and are covered in a fabric so you dont see any wires from the front. Access is simple, remove screen bolts, lift fabric and you have access to everything you need. I did add in some extra wires for future need that are sitting there securely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:

This is still a prototype, I am working on a more improved design although I am very happy with the mounting. Very simple, no drilling, and can be removed just as easily. Also solves the dash shake issue. All wires sit behind and are covered in a fabric so you dont see any wires from the front. Access is simple, remove screen bolts, lift fabric and you have access to everything you need. I did add in some extra wires for future need that are sitting there securely.

thanks, sounds interesting...keep us postet, please.

Have a nice weekend,

Olli

• 7 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, Lyfe BehindBars said:
DIY Rally Dash for the T7

I had made something like this for my Tiger and now for my T7.

It's not for everyone but if i made it for mine, it means its for me.

I personally prefer nothing mounted to my bars and everything in my view, my bike is setup for long distance travel.

I have a large tankbag which when loaded is a problem for anything mounted to my bars so this makes perfect sense for me.

Im 6'2" and see well over the dash so it does not block my view in any way and I dont have to look down to see the GPS.

Apart from the GPS, it weighs less than 1lb with the dash and all the extras

Left pushbuttons are:
  • garage door opener
  • override of all lighting systems (bike will still run but no lights)
  • Aux power supply 1
  • Aux power supply 2
  • Spare button

Also hooked up TPMS, Voltage, Heated grips and GPS

Also cures the dash vibration issue

check it out

check it outIMG_7407.thumb.JPG.22f0a560a8da9d7a0a97a5d7b41499d3.JPGEEYV4709.thumb.JPG.a85e09af4f1061affaa8de98f6af056e.JPGDXZT4079.thumb.JPG.ff82065983fcc0ba538bd11584a8f60e.JPGCPCS0122.thumb.JPG.9b4aa3ad1e8200eb13fc26eb8768bda2.JPG

This is awesome!  I'm wondering if you'd be willing to make something like this but lower?  I have one on my Super T and it does a great job at blocking wind, too.

DASH.JPG

• 2 years later...